Fixed-term Youth Work Support Role
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Youth Work Support Role
E Tipu E Rea Whānau Services a Ngāti Pāoa supported kaupapa Māori health and social service. We specialise in supporting rangatahi, and young parents, hapū māmā and their tamariki. We are growing organisation with a caring and supportive team who are dedicated to creating change. We are based in Te Atatū south but work to support whānau across Auckland.
- The youth work support role will provide all round support for all areas of E Tipu E Rea.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with rangatahi with tamariki and has an understanding of health and social services, and could get to work confidently on report writing and data entry.
- This role is suited to a flexible, enthusiastic, and solutions-focused individual who is comfortable supporting others.
- This is a fixed term one year full time role working Monday to Friday.
- Working from home options are available through discussions with the CEO.
The youth work support will be responsible for:
- Providing all round support to the E Tipu E Rea Whānau team
- Writing and assisting with reporting and funding applications
- Working directly with to support social workers / youth mentor
- Data entry and Excess entry support
- Working directly with rangatahi, and young parents, hapū māmā and their tamariki
- Providing transportation
- Encouraging and supporting health initiatives/events.
This role will work closely with all areas of the E Tipu E Rea Whānau team and work to provide support in all areas.
- Proven experience
- Full Clean Drivers licence
- Clean Police check
- Can demonstrate the ability to follow tasks and use their initiative
- Has knowledge of health and social service sector
- Fully Covid Vaccinated
- Can demonstrate commitment and dedication to health and social service initiatives
- Confident writer and willingness to keep growing in this area
- Positive verbal communication skills
- Be flexible and willing to provide support where necessary
- Attention to detail and the ability to problem-solve
- Ability to self-manage and work autonomously
- Team player
- Understands the importance of our Kaupapa Māori values – Manaakitangi, Wairuatanga, Aroha, and Rangatiratanga
- Has experience working in our Māori health/whanau/social service environment
How to ApplyIf you share in our values and are looking for an organization who is strongly committed to providing whānau-based health and social support, and individual and systemic advocacy to allow our mātua taiohi, hapū māmā, and their tamariki to thrive, apply now by sending your cv and cover letter to email@example.com
317 total views, 1 today