Full-Time Unit Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (the Ministry) acts in the world to make New Zealanders safer and more prosperous. We do this by building connections with and influencing other countries to advance New Zealand’s interests and project New Zealand values. We provide advice to the Government on the implications for New Zealand of what is happening in the world.
We are looking to enhance and extend the capability of the Ministry across a wide spectrum of activity, including foreign policy, development, trade, and support services – all with the aim of delivering on the Government’s priorities.
We have a number of new Manager opportunities, across a number of our Divisions. These Unit Manager roles are varied and each offer scope to influence and provide exciting steps in a global, public sector career.
You will provide strategic direction and leadership across your portfolio and lead a team to ensure the achievement of the strategic priorities and high level outcomes in the Ministry’s Strategic Framework. You will also have a specific policy management role with respect to several thematic areas and geographic desks.
If you are looking to make a difference to New Zealand’s position on the global stage, have a look at our job descriptions attached for further details on the individual opportunities. We support a range of flexible work options for all positions.
Come and work with us to help ensure we continue to deliver in a fast-paced and changing world, promote trade, and expand and complete trade agreements.
- Unit Manager, North America [PDF, 148 KB]
- Unit Manager, Asia Regional Division [PDF, 160 KB]
- Unit Manager, South and South East Asia Division [PDF, 261 KB]
- Unit Manager, APEC Policy [PDF, 236 KB]
- Unit Manager, Enterprise Planning and Performance (12 month fixed term) [PDF, 179 KB]
- Unit Manager, Strategic Policy [PDF, 180 KB]
- Unit Manager, Emerging Security Threats and National Security [PDF, 184 KB]
- Unit Manager, Ministerial Services [PDF, 182 KB]
- Unit Manager, Europe Division [PDF, 228 KB]
- Unit Manager, Africa [PDF, 183 KB]
- Unit Manager, Australia [PDF, 185 KB]
- Unit Manager, Middle East [PDF, 185 KB]
- Unit Manager, Europe Division [PDF, 227 KB]
- Unit Manager, Trade Law Unit, Legal Division [PDF, 138 KB]
- Unit Manager, Partnerships and Funds [PDF, 203 KB]
- Unit Manager, Trade and Values, Pacific Regional Division [PDF, 201 KB]
- Unit Manager, Economic Division [PDF, 138 KB]
1. Where you are applying for multiple roles across job levels e.g. x2 applications for Unit Manager and x1 application for Principal Adviser, a separate application form must be completed for each job type, noting that the application form provides for the opportunity to address the specific motivation and experience for each job type.
2. Where you are applying for multiple roles at the same job type e.g. seven Unit Manager roles, only one application form is required, noting that the application form provides the opportunity to address the specific motivation and experience for each role.
3. The application form will also allow candidates to rank the positions they are applying for in order of preference.
|I am applying for….||My application requires….|
|A specialist role||For each role I am applying for
|Multiple roles across different job types, i.e. Unit Manager, Lead Adviser||For each job level I am applying for
|More than one role at the same job type (i.e. 2 or more Unit Manager role)||
Applications for all vacancies will close at 12:00 noon on Monday, 17 September 2018. The application form can be found here.
Late applications will not be accepted.
How to ApplyClick here to find out more, or to apply. Applications for all vacancies will close at 12:00 noon on Monday, 17 September 2018. The application form can be found here. Late applications will not be accepted.
351 total views, 4 today