Full-Time Unibound Manager
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Office of the Vice-Chancellor
- Advert Closing Date: 02/03/2020
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Number: 55562443
UniBound is a specially designed programme that provides Māori and Pacific school-leavers with a positive early introduction to help prepare them for and ease their transition to University. Our vision is to offer a pathway to achievement and inclusion for Māori and Pacific students with relevant skills and knowledge for university success.
A unique opportunity has been created for an exceptional candidate to develop and manage successful strategies and initiatives to market and publicise the Unibound programme and to support students throughout the programme lifecycle. You will be energised by the opportunity to maximise engagement, retention and the student experience for Māori and Pacific participants in the Unibound programme.
The Unibound Manager also oversees other channels of student support and engagement, including the Pacific Academy, a maths-based programme for high school students.
Our mission is to create and support an environment for accelerated learning and sustained achievement for Māori and Pacific students.
We aim to achieve this through creating a positive transition to university studies, enhance critical learning skills and preparedness; introduce students to systems, spaces and cultures within the university, and build strategic relationships with Māori and Pacific whānau and communities to enable student achievement and leadership.
The Unibound Manager is part of the team within the Office of the Pro ViceChancellor Pacific.
Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will be able to convincingly demonstrate:
- Experience working with students in a tertiary environment.
- Experience delivering academic development and support.
- Experience with relationship building in Māori and Pacific communities.
- Experience and understanding of equity issues in New Zealand especially with relation to Māori and Pacific students.
- Experience and understanding of responsibilities under Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in team building, change management and working cooperatively.
- Proven leadership and management skills and experience in a large complex organisation.
- Preferably knowledge or fluency in Māori or a Pacific language.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant tertiary qualification.
The University of Auckland (42,000 students) is New Zealand’s leading university and is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email.
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Monday 2 March 2020 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
For more information, please see the position description
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: 2nd March 2020.
190 total views, 3 today