Permanent Tumuaki – Pūmanawa Māori | Principal Advisor Maori Capability
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Mō mātou | About Us
As New Zealand’s national statistics office, Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ is uniquely positioned to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGO’s and New Zealanders make every day. Our structure, culture and systems are designed with collaboration and customers in mind – mobilised and working together to realise our ambition: About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa – data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Mō te tūnga | The role
Bring your mātauranga Māori, te ao Māori and lived experience to a role that will allow you to innovate, create and implement new ways of working to support Stats NZ in becoming a leading organisation across government in Māori-Crown relations.
What will you do? You will lead an organisation-wide transformation of thinking around ‘what capability is’ and deliver to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) a multi-year programme of work to support that transformation, with the People & Capability supporting you at each step of that journey. This consideration of ‘capability’ will cover the full range of our People Plan, including talent management, revised recruitment processes, progressive people policies and reward and recognition initiatives.
You’ll bring the ability to lead an executive-level conversation about the skills we must foster in our people to ensure te ao Māori, tikanga Māori and mātauranga Maori are at the heart of how we commission work, how we develop work and how we engage with our internal and external stakeholders.
What we can offer you is a place in a team that has a genuine desire to honour our Tiriti commitments and make real gains for Māori. A place where you will be supported and encouraged to innovate and lead courageous conversations. A place where you’ll be recognised for the value your lived experience brings.
Starting salary: $114K -131K negotiable
Mōu | About you
We are seeking a well-rounded candidate with real world experience of working with Māori and the Crown.
- Mātauranga Māori, Te Reo me o nga tikanga
- Understanding/knowledge of Iwi and Māori Crown Relationships
- Strong understanding and experience implementing Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles
- Kaupapa Māori delivery experience incl knowledge and understanding of different Māori frameworks.
- Ability to build and manage relationships
- Skilled in delivering strategic programmes of work preferably in the public sector (*project/programme management training/qual would be advantageous)
- Experience bringing stakeholders together to achieve project milestones.
- Ability to achieve positive shifts through a clear and compelling vison paired with a pragmatic approach
- A good understanding of public sector priorities in this space
- Knowledge of best practice in capability building
You’ll be joining an inclusive environment where people, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion or background are supported to be able to do their best work. This includes:
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- 3 departmental leave days (usually taken over Christmas office closure)
- City based offices that cater to a variety of working styles and needs
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
If your skills and experience matches some or all of the above, please apply now or call Dan for a korero.
We will be screening applications as we receive them in order to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes on Tuesday 30th November, 2021.
Check out our careers site to find out more about Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, see our careers site for our process.
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job.
How to ApplyApply via our careers site. We will be screening applications as we receive them in order to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes on Tuesday 30th November, 2021.
117 total views, 2 today