Full-Time Tumu Whakarae – CEO – Te Ira
Tumu Whakarae – CEO – Te Ira
- Key strategic appointment within a high profile Trust.
- Greenfields role, driven by models of best practice.
- Entrepreneurial, executive approach.
“Whakahononga Te Ira Tāngata, Te Ira Atua me Te Ira Wairua, hei oranga mō ngā whānau”
Te Ira has a primary goal – Helping whānau to build a better tomorrow today.
Te Ira’s purposes are to ‘umbrella’, lead and manage the delivery of new services, systemic change and social enterprise initiatives, doing things in new ways that address the root causes of systemic disadvantage as well as meeting immediate needs.
Te Ira supports whānau/families to create solid foundations that recognise and respect the mana (power) and rangatiratanga (authority) of their whakapapa. These foundations will support whānau to realise their positive contribution, unlimited potential and break cycles of disadvantage.
We are seeking an exceptional leader who is a strong influencer and who has the energy and desire to make a real difference in people’s lives. This position could be a stepping stone to a broader based CEO career.
The Tumu Whakarae operates to a strategic mindset and will serve as a key spokesman on implementing Te Ira’s strategic and business plan on behalf of the Board. The role is broadly scoped so responsibilities are beyond the on-going health of the ‘bottom line’. Operational management, creating innovative solutions, and importantly the day to day management will appeal, as you build a team culture that demonstrates organisational excellence, positivity, strong heart, passion and compassion for the kaupapa.
You will bring with you a wealth of knowledge and skills accumulated in your career, but most importantly you will be a prolific networker with an ability to influence others to help secure the ongoing sustainability of the organisation. In addition you will be responsible for the overall operational management of the organisation, building best practice systems and processes and to be able to deliever the strategic vision of the board.
A capable, competent and natural people leader who, as the face of Te Ira can front the organisation; handle themselves in a range of environments and engage effectively with key stakeholders. You must be comfortable reporting to the Board, be proactive, display initiative and not be afraid to make suggestions on how things could be improved.
Demonstrating superior operating skills; innovation savvy; financial acumen; ability to incorporate innovation and pace of implementation and the means to formulate a plan of action and execute it swiftly and decisively; your career will be founded on credibility and a track record of delivery.
Experience and skill expectations for the candidate will include:
- A tertiary qualification in management, business, or related qualifications is relevant to leading an innovation and dynamic organisation.
- At least 5 years senior management experience.
- A proven and tested entrepreneurial skill set.
- Ability to demonstrate in-depth innovation skills and implementation of new ideas and outcomes.
- Strategic and operational perspective with a demonstrated ability to translate strategy into reality.
- Proven relationship management and expert communication skills.
- Strong track record in operational management in a developmental context.
- Operational Evaluation and Research experience would be useful.
- Ability to develop and implement a culture of continual improvement focused on improving operational effciency and outcomes.
- A strong problem solver, analytically minded, coupled with a rigorous and structured approach to designing and implementing ‘world leading’ programs of change for whānau mauhere.
- Previous experience working within an NGO environment, Health/Corrections Sector, Education and Māori economic development is desirable.
- Knowledge of Te Reo me ona tikanga Māori.
As a senior leader not only within business but within the communities you operate in, you will have the mana to bring diverse stakeholder groups together, be highly cognisant of others and their point of view and foster a centralised way of working, one which harnesses and encourages innovation and best practice through a cultural lens. Fearless in your approach, you will be self-determined and have the passion to drive quality outcomes for all.
A significant remuneration package, underpinned by a unique personal development opportunity will be offered to attract the highest level of applicant.
Applications Close: Monday 25th September 2017 at 5:00pm.
How to ApplyConfidential discussions can be directed through to Heather Walker at Mana Recruitment on Ph: (09) 632 1108 or for a copy of the job description and information pack, please email email@example.com Applications Close: Monday 25th September 2017 at 5:00pm.
493 total views, 11 today