Full-Time Tumu Kōkiri Reo – Head of Reo
Tumu Kōkiri Reo – Head of Reo
He tūranga hou, he tūranga whakahiamo hei arataki i ngā kaupapa kia mauri ora te reo Māori ki Whakaata Māori. Ko tā te tūranga mātuatua nei, he kōkiri i tā Whakaata Māori rautaki mō te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori. Otirā, he tūhono atu ki ngā āpiti me ngā hoa rangapū i roto i ngā kaupapa whakarauora i te reo Māori. Me kairangi te taumata o te reo Māori me te reo Ingarihi o te kaitono. Me taunga anō ki te kawe i ngā tikanga Māori.
Ko ngā kawenga matua:
- he arataki i te whakatinanatanga o tā Whakaata Māori rautaki mō te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori
- he mahi ngātahi ki ngā āpiti me ngā hoa rangapū o ngā hinonga Karauna, o te rāngai Pāpāho, o ngā iwi, o ngā rangapū hapori Māori anō hoki
- he arataki i te Ranga Reo, arā, i ngā kaikōkiri reo me ngā kaiwhakawhiti reo o Whakaata Māori.
Ka whaihua te kaitono mehemea he wheako, he mōhiotanga ki te whakatakoto mahere whakarauora reo.
Excellent understanding of the reo sector including emerging trends with audiences, platforms and content? Utilise your in-depth understanding of Te Reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori within a unique and prominent Māori organisation.
- Fluent in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori.
- Lead achievement of the overall organisational language outcomes.
- Provide guidance and support to improve the use and quality of Te Reo Māori.
Launched in 2004, Māori Television is New Zealand’s indigenous broadcaster, providing a wide range of local and international programmes for audiences across the country and online.
Māori Televisions vision is Te Kūaha ki Te Ao Māori the gateway that connects people to the Māori world by creating great Māori content that excites and inspires. Our vision is that “Māori are thriving” and in essence it means:
- Te Ao Māori is thriving.
- Tikanga Māori is thriving.
- Te Reo Māori is a thriving language.
- Māori perceptions are valued by all New Zealanders.
The purpose of the Tumu Kōkiri Reo is to lead the implementation and monitoring of Māori Television’s strategy for Te Reo Māori in conjunction with the Tāhuhu Reo – Director of Te Reo Māori. This strategy is aligned to the Maihi Karauna and Maihi Māori as part of Te Whare o Te Reo Mauri Ora.
Leading and enabling the implementation and monitoring of Māori Television’s strategy for Te Reo Māori, you will develop, implement and monitor language strategy. Responsible for successfully contributing towards Māori Television playing a lead role in achievement of the overall language outcomes of Te Whare o Te Reo Mauri Ora.
Ensuring organisational commitment to te reo Māori is maintained across all operations, a key deliverable will be the promotion of content across multi platforms, and cross organisationally. Leading with clear direction, you will lead the Reo team, mentoring, inspiring and enabling the team to meet their individual and organisational goals as they relate to language outcomes.
Ensuring Māori language and tikanga outcomes are achieved; you will establish, foster and maintain relationships with external partners in the Māori language sector, proactively reaching out to Māori language partners, nurturing relationships with key partners in the Māori language sector as a whole.
Skills, knowledge, experience and competencies required from applicants are to include:
- Fluent in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori
- Highly skilled in principles and application of language revitalisation and language planning.
- A proven influencer and driver of cultural excellence.
- A passionate leader who excels at the senior levels of an organisation.
- The established ability as a people influencer and people leader – you will take people on your journey.
- The prior demonstration of establishing, maintaining and enhancing key strategic partnerships.
- Expert communication, presentation and reporting abilities.
- Understanding of Te Ao Māori and the Māori language sector and community.
- Knowledge of language delivery and revitalisation theories.
Modelling effective and courageous leadership that is innovative and visionary; your leadership will bring parties together, building and unifying via communication of purpose and goals. Strengthening connections by open communication, transparency, and the sharing of information, your leadership style will be one of inclusiveness and role modelling the organisational outcomes framework. Your existing relationships in the Māori language sector will have played a leading role in advising on all relevant aspects of quality assessment as this relates to te reo Māori at Whakataa Māori.
Keeping a consistent, high standard of translations, an ideal fit would be someone who has previously worked with a teaching background at secondary and/or tertiary level.
As a people influencer, people leader and trusted advisor, you will be commercially astute, highly experienced with analysing information to understand complex business issues and make robust decisions. Naturally, you will have had extensive experience in a similar, senior position and be looking to join an organisation setting the standards not only within New Zealand but globally for indigenous language revitalisation
To seek out the next steps in application for this rare market opportunity call or email Heather Walker now on (09) 632 1108 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to ApplyTo seek out the next steps in application for this rare market opportunity call or email Heather Walker now on (09) 632 1108 or email@example.com
444 total views, 12 today