Full-Time Transitional Housing Property Coordinator / Kairuruku Whare
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Enjoy plenty of variety, no two days are the same!
- Work as a valued member of a team giving holistic wraparound services
- Based in Rotorua; play a pivotal role in helping grow the service
Mō te kaupapa – About The Salvation Army’s Transitional Housing Programme
The Salvation Army Transitional Housing Programme has the important responsibility of transforming the lives of people with critical housing needs in Rotorua by supporting whānau to find a home and community that allows them to thrive.
Our team provides a space for people to grow in independence and confidence and achieve their goals and aspirations, through a holistic wellbeing approach. Whānau connected to us are supported by a team of skilled professionals who address the immediate needs and provide wraparound support to those who need to seek and secure long-term sustainable housing.
Mō te tūranga – About the role
Working as part of a small, dedicated Transitional Housing team, the Property Coordinator / Kairuruku Whare is responsible for providing practical support and coordination for clients entering and transitioning out of the properties, providing effective property services for the houses and occupants of the properties, ensuring they properties are well maintained and provide a welcoming environment for clients, and supporting the procurement and retention of properties.
We are passionate about transforming lives and are looking for a someone who has proven experience in building relationships to support us in developing connections with other Salvation Army services, community-based support organisations, marae and kaupapa Māori services. We are committed to protecting and enabling the rights, interests, and aspirations of whānau Māori in alignment with Te Tiriti o Waitangi and creating relationships that will support us to do that well.
With The Salvation Army you will get the chance to make a real and positive impact in the lives of many people in Rotorua. With skills, planning and purposeful action, you will support people to find a home and neighborhood in which they will build the future of Aotearoa. This is an exciting opportunity to join a hard-working team with a commitment to supporting whānau, and to work with a long-standing social service provider partnering with the community to tackle homelessness in Rotorua.
This is a full-time position for 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm), based at The Salvation Army Rotorua Corps and Community Ministries on Amohia Street, Rotorua.
He kōrero mōu – About you
To undertake this important mahi, you will have the following:
- Experience in property or tenancy management
- An understanding of the needs of people in the Rotorua community, and a strong desire to improve the social and economic wellbeing of people
- Strong cultural competency, with an understanding of tikanga and te reo Māori, or a commitment to learn
- The ability to understand and relate to people from a diverse range of backgrounds with sensitivity, care and patience
- The ability to engage clients in a way that they feel they’re in control and take responsibility; utilising whakawhanaungatanga and establishing rapport quickly
- A high level of empathy and personal integrity
- Very highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building and networking capabilities at all levels
- A commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army
- Previous experience working with homelessness, transitional or public housing is advantageous
- A clean, full New Zealand drivers’ licence
- The ability to obtain a satisfactory Police Check
How to Apply
Applications close: 5.00pm Wednesday 1 June 2022 Applications to: Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
View the position description by copying this link into your browser: https://mclaren.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/TSA-PD-Transitional-Housing-Property-Coordinator-3.5.22.pdf
161 total views, 5 today