Full-Time Technical Specialist Infrastructure
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We’re in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Technical Specialist Infrastructure
The Ministry of Social Development has one of the largest government departments in the country, managing strategy, design, development, maintenance, operation and support of IT systems.
We provide a dynamic and evolving environment with complexity and size that will challenge and reward you. We support business critical systems, provide leadership in the development and delivery of business application solutions and have a total focus on excellence in customer service.
This is an Infrastructure and System Design role that relies on systems thinking to translate business intent into stable platforms for success. Deliverables will be capable of being implemented by Engineers regardless whether the systems are on premise, a hybrid, or in the Cloud.
In this role, you will:
- Provide the Technology Services group with advice and solutions that will contribute to achieving the groups operational and support strategies and goals.
- Assist with the design and implementation of the mechanisms of the Infrastructure and Services Roadmaps.
- Help ensure the Ministry’s information systems meet ministerial needs and strategic objectives.
- Design and implement of systems management according to best practices.
- Ensure that areas of IT risks to the business are identified and that effective internal controls are in place.
- Assist with the analysis and evaluation of new and emerging technologies
- Mentor and support others as they implement and support third party technology storage and server features.
What you will bring to the role:
- Experience helping others to use industry standard technology solutions e.g. Networking, Linux, VMware, SAN storage
- Senior IT Technology Services technical experience in large organisation with complex IT infrastructures essential.
- An in-depth understanding of common technology solutions in a highly available environment a plus
- Management knowledge of vendors/contractors/SLA essential
- Knowledge of Automation, Configuration management, Operating systems, Virtualisation, Networking and Storage Architectures is preferred.
- Ability to communicate concepts, playbooks, procedures and patterns of implementation is essential.
What we offer:
- Work alongside a supportive team of highly skilled professionals
- Be supported and encourage to develop your skills and career
- We support flexible working opportunities
- Be part of an evolving environment with complexity and size that will challenge and reward you
Applications close: Sunday the 5th June 2022
Tell us in your cover letter what skills and attributes you will bring to this important position. A current CV should also be included in your online application.
How to apply
To apply, click the ‘Apply Now’ button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form. Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the competencies listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, you must show evidence using My Vaccine Pass (or My Covid Record).
How to ApplyApply Here: https://jobs.msd.govt.nz/job/Wellington-Technical-Specialist-Infrastructure/871981400/
91 total views, 2 today