Permanent Technical Services Manager – Teaching- Faculty of Medical & Health Science
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to step into a newly created role and provide strategic operational leadership for technical services in teaching across the faculty.
Reporting to the Director of Faculty Operations, the TSM Teaching will have oversight across all technical staffing and operations related to teaching and will provide planning, guidance, and management of technical services including teaching laboratories, clinical skills, and simulation specialist facilities and the University of Auckland teaching clinics across the faculty of Medical and Health Sciences and Faculty of Science.
In addition, some key responsibilities include:
- Staff Leadership including line management of Managers, Team Leaders, and Technicians. This includes development, mentoring, and providing direction for professional staff and ensuring they have the training and resources to perform effectively and achieve agreed goals.
- Strategy and Planning including leadership in the development of technical strategies and plans, innovation, strategic procurement & asset management, KPI’s, and Financial budgets.
- Operational Leadership for teaching technical services which include management of technical workforce and allocation of resources, capability, budget, process improvement, policy, and legislative requirements and some facilities management.
- Responsibility for setting and monitoring Health & Safety performance standards as per University and legislative requirements.
- Working with Academic Heads and Directors to develop strategic and operational plans in support of teaching delivery
Our Ideal Candidate
As an experienced people leader, our ideal candidate will demonstrate an advanced ability to influence and communicate effectively to a diverse range of stakeholders. In addition, you should have:
- Extensive experience in teaching technical support and best practice technical management in a laboratory environment.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and implementation
- Skills and experience in team building, change management, and working co-operatively within multidisciplinary teams
The successful candidate will operate with energy and passion and will demonstrate a collaborative approach where they partner closely with peers, value the needs of others, and model best practice principals and behaviors.
For more detailed information, please read the position description.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Tuesday, 6th October 2020 (NZST) to be considered. Please include your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
To apply for this role, you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
In accordance with our commitment to equitable recruitment, the University welcomes applications from all suitably qualified and experienced candidates. In response to COVID-19, the New Zealand Government has imposed a travel ban and are currently only allowing New Zealand Residents, Citizens and visa holders meeting a strict exception policy to enter the country, all of whom must currently enter Government approved quarantine for two weeks on arrival.
It is uncertain when these border restrictions will change, and this may impact the degree to which an off-shore candidate can engage in the interview process; or be available to commence in a new position. For more information and updates on the border restrictions visit the Immigration New Zealand website or the New Zealand Government’s official Covid-19 website.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Tuesday, 6th October 2020
136 total views, 3 today