Full-Time Team Leader- Kaupapa Māori Services
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Team Leader – Kaupapa Māori Services
Let your social work degree take you on a whole new journey – to the Capital!
- Reporting to the CE
- Salaries positioned to attract a calibre of applicant
- Take the next step in your career – In Wellington
Kahungunu Whānau Service’s believes whānau know what they want; and as such provides services and frameworks tailored to enable, empower and support that achievement. Working for women, men, and wider whānau, its unique services provide strength and enable sustainable change.
A position has been created for a qualified individual to lead significant contribution to Māori whānau in the Wellington region. The position will help to ensure high quality social and community support, and drive robust, transparent and accountable systems and processes. Leading case consultation, you will ensure rigorous quality imperatives are met as well as determining organisational policies, participant eligibility, programme requirements, and programme benefits.
A senior position as a member of the senior management team reporting to the CEO; you will play a key, cross-organisational role; evaluating the work of staff as well as ensuring that programmes are of appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively.
As a Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the day to day schedules of direct reports (six and four respectively), supporting their targets and milestones.
- Leading engagement and management hui with external stakeholders including funders and agencies.
- Ensuring high, quality focussed whānau contact hours per day.
- Preparing all reports associated with social and community services.
- Ensuring services are being delivered on time, accurately and are reflective of work with whānau.
- Directing fund-raising activities and the preparation of public relations materials.
- Establishing, maintaining and overseeing administrative procedures.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate;
- A degree in Social Work or similar field.
- A registration with an accredited and recognised body/intent to undertake.
- 5+ years of recent experience in a management position with direct reports.
- Experience supporting services where Māori whānau form a large percentage of clients.
- Understanding of working within a kaupapa Māori services.
- A working knowledge and appreciation of Te Reo me ona tikanga Māori.
You will be able to demonstrate extensive networks and relationships across social, education, justice and health sectors including at a governance and funding management level. Establishing and maintaining relationships with other agencies and organisations in community to meet community needs and to ensure that services are not duplicated; you will direct activities of professional and technical staff members.
Speaking to community groups to explain and interpret Kahungunu Whānau Service’s purposes, programmes, and policies, you will research and analyse community needs to determine programme directions and goals. You’ll have extensive experience of operational activities as well as an ability to work strategically in order to determine how agency services could be impacted.
Highly rewarding, supportive and innovative, are terms to describe this organisation. You’ll receive a package which is geared to attract those with both experience and a high level of cultural competency.
How to ApplyTo apply, or to find out more call or email now Heather Walker at Mana Recruitment on Ph: (09) 632 1108 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1854 total views, 2 today