Permanent Team Coordinator| Kairuruku Kapa – Te Ao Māori
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Mō mātou | About Us
As New Zealand’s national statistics office, Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ is uniquely positioned to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGO’s and New Zealanders make every day. Our structure, culture and systems are designed with collaboration and customers in mind – mobilised and working together to realise our ambition: About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa – data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Mō te tūnga | The role
In this newly created role, you’ll work across the whole Te Ao Māori workstream to provide high levels of coordination, administration, and event management support to a busy and highly visible team. Each day will be different, coordinating the daily affairs of the team’s logistical needs in event planning, meetings, as well as providing support and help to the Senior Manager. As a critical ‘cog’ your support will provide direction and organisation for the team so that they can focus on delivering on our promises, obligations, and outcomes in an often-high-pressured environment.
This is a permanent role and while it is preferred that the successful candidate will be based in Auckland, all locations will be considered.
Starting salary: $51,983 – $61,157 negotiable
Mōu | About you
Your knowledge and experience of working in a Māori setting will be a key competency to the success of our team. Demonstrating manaakitanga while gathering the team and supporting them and keeping them on track will be a large part of your work. Ideally, you’ll work comfortably in a fluid environment, can be agile with change and can deal with ambiguity. To work in this fast-paced environment, we’re hoping you’ll bring the following skills and experience with you:
- An authentic communicator and natural relationship builder
- Understand Te Tiriti o Waitangi and knowledge/familiarity or a commitment to learning/understanding Te Ao Māori, to understand and contribute meaningful work and outcomes for Māori communities.
- Coordinate events, meetings, training sessions, and forums • Be our go-to person who supports us solve problems in real time
- Create systems and order where there isn’t any – you will love a good process map, a well written report, and an organised calendar – and you help others when this isn’t their strength • Experience engaging with a wide range of audiences and key partners
- Understand the big picture and how things link together but be fantastic at the details
- A whizz with Microsoft packages and can pick up new technology with ease
You’ll be joining an inclusive environment where people, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion or background are supported to be able to do their best work. This includes:
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments, including the ability to work from home for some of the working week
- An environment that’s safe, where you can be yourself
- Exciting and meaningful work that makes a difference to Aotearoa
- 3 departmental leave days (usually taken over Christmas office closure)
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career (coaching culture, study support, secondments, acting up)
- Health and wellbeing support
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
If the above matches your skills and experience, don’t delay, click apply now. Any questions that haven’t been answered in this advert or the position description or if you have difficulty with your application please email email@example.com.
We will be screening applications as we receive them in order to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes on date but may be removed earlier. You may be asked to complete a pre-interview screen. Check out our careers site to find out more about Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, see our careers site for our process.
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job.
How to ApplyAPPLY HERE. Applications close: 19 Jan 2022 at 23:55pm.
240 total views, 1 today