Full-Time Teaching Technologist Specialist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university. We employ more than 5400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
We seek to appoint a Teaching Technology Specialist Lead to support the provision of high level AV technology installations and support services throughout the University.
- You can look forward to getting involved in the research, development and maintenance of innovative AV technologies that support changing pedagogies and the changing needs of our staff and students to maximise learning outcomes.
- You’ll be integral to the overall successful completion of Major Capital Works projects, to specification, on time and budget, for the life cycle management of AV facilities.
- You’ll provide technical support in all teaching and other spaces featuring AV/IT installations right across the University.
Who are we looking for?
- Our successful candidate will hold a Diploma in Electronics, IT or a similarly relevant field. An undergraduate degree (or higher) in a related area would be a real advantage.
- You’ll have a wealth of experience in Audio Visual maintenance and installation, as well as audio DSP configuration and sound equalisation.
- Naturally, you’ll be confident using computers, laptops and network-controlled equipment, including signal distribution systems.
- You’ll also have experience in fault-finding and the repair of large, integrated systems within teaching spaces.
- AV equipment installation and repair experience is essential; so too is circuit analysis and diagnostic skills.
As you’d expect of an organisation recently voted the fifth most attractive large-scale employer in the country, you can look forward to some great benefits whilst working at the University of Auckland.*
We offer five weeks’ annual leave and over 300 courses and workshops designed to support your personal development, as well as a generous company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, childcare and a number of other subsidies on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
This is a full time, permanent position at Professional Staff Level 4.
Applications must be submitted online, before the closing date of Tuesday 11th December 2018. Please note that interviews are anticipated to be held later that same week.
*Randstad Awards 2017.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20337. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Tuesday 11th December 2018.
131 total views, 1 today