Permanent System Activation Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
System Activation Manager
Job Ref: 29559
How you will make an impact:
We have an opportunity for a System Activation Manager to join our Transition Support Service team in this newly formed role.
As the System Activation Manager you will work strategically to promote and progress a whole of system response to improve well-being and support the needs of young people transitioning from care or custody to adulthood.
You will do this by:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with social service agencies to encourage working closely together and aligning their respective priorities
- Understand, keep updated and promote awareness of universal services and initiatives available for young people within Oranga Tamariki
- Work with regions, transition service providers and sites to understand what is working and where the gaps might be
- Identify and work with agencies to create solutions to enable easy access to universal entitlements and services
- Support existing cross agency governance, working groups and initiatives
You are ideal for this role if you:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a proven track record of building and maintaining effective relationships across a range of groups and individuals with potentially conflicting interests
- Experience of the machinery of government
- A collaborative working style and the ability to work with a range of teams and business units
- Be customer focused and have a child centric approach
- Demonstrate through your work a commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi (Te Tiriti o Waitangi)
- Have experience in continuous improvement, particularly with a whole of system view across multiple government agencies
Making a change:
Under our current legislation young people leave care at the young age of 18. From 1 July 2019 Oranga Tamariki will be providing services and support to young adults up to the age of 25. The new Transition Support Service provides a more gradual and supported transition for young people from care to help them get a good start to their adult lives.
This is an extremely exciting time to join Oranga Tamariki. You will have the unique opportunity to be part of the team establishing this new service – this opportunity doesn’t come around often!
Why work for Oranga Tamariki:
- Supporting tamariki, rangatahi and their whānau and families is at the heart of what we do
- We don’t work in isolation but with our communities and partners, particularly iwi and māori, to deliver the best outcomes
- We take seriously our practical commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi – Te Tiriti
- Flexible working opportunities makes it easier for you to work from where you need to be
- The people you will work with have the same end goal – to do the right thing for tamariki and rangatahiz
How to apply:
Please note all applications must be made online HERE. If this is not possible or if you have any questions please contact us through HR_Recruit@ot.govt.nz For internal employees please apply online through MyHR
Applications close: 18 August 2019.
Position Description is in the link below:
How to ApplyPlease note all applications must be made online HERE. If this is not possible or if you have any questions please contact us through HR_Recruit@ot.govt.nz For internal employees please apply online through MyHR Applications close: 18 August 2019.
383 total views, 2 today