Permanent Support Workers – (Mental Health and Social Housing)
- Auckland Central and South
- 24/7 rostered service
- Casual and Permanent positions available
- Mental health & Housing Support Workers
- Must have a Full Drivers License and hold a L4 Mental Health Certificate or L4 Social Services Certificate (or be currently studying towards one)
Our client provides community based, recovery focused, mental health support services across the Auckland South region. They strive to assist people attain and live rich and fulfilled lives.
They are seeking Casual and Permanent Support Workers to work in their Mental Health and Housing services based in Auckland. You will need to be flexible to work 40 hours per week within 24/7 rotating shifts.
Your role will involve:
- Supporting people experiencing mental health issues
- Support towards attaining suitable long-term accommodation that meet the clients needs
- Providing a responsive and culturally sensitive service
- Community independence planning and support
- Supporting people using the principals of Te Whare Tapa Whā
- Encouraging people to recognise their strengths, abilities, talents and interests
- Working with people to identify their personal goals and to support them to achieve these
- Encouraging people to take an active part in their community
We are seeking enthusiastic and compassionate people who are recovery orientated to join their team. You will deliver intensive support in partnership with client’s to achieve their goals.
You will be able to demonstrate these skills and attributes:
- Understand issues facing client’s, including alcohol and drugs
- Be a confident decision maker in crisis situations
- Have excellent communication, planning and organisational skills
- Be passionate about achieving improved health outcomes
- Have good computer skills
- Understanding of social housing models and services
- Ability to work with a diverse group of client’s
- Cultural competency
- Actively reflect on your work practice to enhance people’s recovery
- Use strategies to engage meaningfully and in partnership with a strengths focus
- Flexibility to work hours to meet client needs and work in other teams as required
- Have a compassionate, caring, non-judgemental and supportive attitude
First preference will be given to those who have a Level 4 Mental Health qualification or Social Services qualification (or studying towards).
You will need:
- NZ Residency or Citizenship
- A full driver’s licence
- No criminal convictions
- Level 4 Mental Health Certificate (Minimum) and/or a Social Services qualification or be currently studying towards
- Experience and understanding of working in Mental Health and Social Housing Services
Mehemea he Māori koe hei turanga pai mau.
How to ApplyTo apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 09 632 1108
7918 total views, 51 today