Full-Time Support Workers – Maternal Respite Service
Support Workers – Maternal Respite
- South Auckland
- Fulltime, permanent
- Maternal Respite Service
Our client provides community based, recovery focused, mental health support services in the CMDHB region. This innovative organisation strives to assist people to attain and live; rich and fulfilled lives.
They are now seeking, 2x permanent, fulltime Support Workers to work in their Maternal Respite Service – Awhi Rito. The Maternal Respite Service is based in South Auckland and offers community based treatment options that support mothers in recovery to have their babies with them.
The successful applicant must understand the importance of bonding and attachment and be able to support the mother with mother craft skills. Using recovery principles you will actively support Mothers and their babies in the Maternal Respite Unit, providing a calm, safe and stable environment. You will need to be flexible to work 24/7 rotating shifts.
We are seeking enthusiastic and compassionate people who are recovery orientated to join their team. You will deliver intensive support in partnership with client’s to achieve their goals in terms of:
- Life Skills
- Respite Support
- Family/Whānau Support
You will demonstrate these skills and attributes:
- Understand issues facing client’s, including alcohol and drugs.
- Be a confident decision maker in crisis situations.
- Have excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Be passionate about achieving improved health outcomes.
- Have good computer skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of client’s.
- Actively reflect on your work practice to enhance people’s recovery.
- Use strategies to engage meaningfully and in partnership with a strengths focus.
- Flexibility to work hours to meet client needs and work in other teams as required.
- Have a compassionate, caring, non-judgemental and supportive attitude.
If you have a Level 4 Mental health qualification (or studying towards) and have experience relevant to mental health (or equivalent with transferable skills), we’d love to hear from you.
You will need to have NZ residency to apply for this position. It is also essential that you hold a full, clean drivers licence and you will be required to undertake a security check.
Mehemea he Māori koe hei turanga pai mau.
How to ApplyPlease send through your updated CV and covering letter to Tiare Kopa -firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 09 632 1108
267 total views, 8 today