Casual Support Worker – Mental Health Respite Service
Support Worker – Mental Health Respite Service
- Be at the cutting edge of mental health service delivery.
- Casual and Permanent positions available
- 24/7 Respite Services
- Auckland based
Our client provides community based, recovery focused, mental health support services across the Auckland region. They strive to assist people attain and live rich and fulfilled lives; are seeking dedicated and compassionate Support Workers who are ready to join their respite teams.
You will actively support clients on their journey to recovery by providing a calm, safe and stable environment. You will have the opportunity to use your professional and personal experience to deliver intensive support in partnership with clients to achieve their goals in terms of:
- Life Skills
- Respite Support
- Family/Whānau Support
In addition, you will demonstrate these skills and attributes:
- Understand issues facing clients, including alcohol and drugs.
- Be passionate about achieving improved health outcomes.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of clients’.
- Actively reflect on your work practice to enhance people’s recovery.
- Use strategies to engage meaningfully and in partnership with a strengths focus.
- Flexibility to work hours to meet client needs and work in other teams as required.
- Have a compassionate, caring, non-judgemental and supportive attitude.
- Commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and understanding of tikanga Maori.
Ideally, you will have a qualification in Mental Health and/or Social Services or be working towards one, otherwise you will have relevant experience within the mental health sector.
You will need to have NZ residency to apply for this position. It is also essential that you hold a full, clean drivers licence and you will be required to undertake a police vetting.
Mehemea he Māori koe hei turanga pai mau.
We are seeking applications from those who are driven to make a difference, have outstanding personal motivation, exceptional resilience, patience, and above all want to support others to meet their life goals.
How to ApplyWe are seeking applications from those who are driven to make a difference, have outstanding personal motivation, exceptional resilience, patience, and above all want to support others to meet their life goals. To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter via email to: email@example.com or phone 09 632 1108.
246 total views, 14 today