Full-Time Student Support Advisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are seeking a dynamic, proactive and enthusiastic individual to join our Māori and Pacific Admission Scheme team in a student support role for Māori and Pacific students. This role will be responsible for coordinating academic and pastoral support for Māori and Pacific students who are studying in either foundation, undergraduate or postgraduate programmes within the Faculty of Medical and Health Science. You will be responsible for the administration, management and coordination of admission, academic, and pastoral support for our students.
To be successful in this role you will be able to:
- Understand the issues Māori and Pacific students are facing while studying at university
- Understand the university and tertiary sector framework
- Be able to relate to Māori and Pacific students and their needs
- Be able to collaborate and work in partnership with key academic staff
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills
- Be flexible and able to work evenings and weekends when required
- Have a relevant undergraduate degree
- Be able to work independently as well as within a team
- Have a high competency in administration and communication skills
- Have a demonstrated ability to build effective relationships
- Have an ability to coordinate and manage events
This is an opportunity to undertake responsibility and be innovative in a stimulating position that demands critical thinking as well as a practical approach.
Why work for us?
In return, you will be offered a rewarding career with one of Auckland’s largest and most diverse employers. The University of Auckland is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Sunday, 22 September 2019 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115.
Applications close: Sunday, 22 September 2019
165 total views, 4 today