Full-Time Student Support Adviser
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Student Support Adviser
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Student Development and Engagement
- Advert Closing Date: 11/12/2019
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Number: 55565289
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Student Support Adviser to join the Student Development and Engagement team within the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Auckland.
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading University. We employ over 5400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students making us one of NZ’s largest employers. The Faculty of Engineering is the country’s largest and most successful with a roll of more than 3,900 students. The Student Support Adviser will work as part of a team to support student success through wellbeing, pastoral care and learning support.
This role will focus on delivery of support to second year Engineering students through the implementation of existing programmes, such as academic assistance centres, along with the development of new initiatives, and will require the successful candidate to work closely with academics and other service divisions in order to achieve this.
This is a new role and will begin in January 2020.
Applicants will have a demonstrated ability to develop strong collegial relationships with providers of related services and experience in generating innovative ideas for support and following these through to successful outcomes.
In addition, applicants will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and will be friendly and engaging, have a solid administrative background, and experience providing first-class customer service.
- Provide academic advice and support to students throughout their academic journey
- Responsible for the establishment, operation and promotion of Faculty mentoring and academic development programmes
- Work closely with appropriate faculty and University support services to improve student participation, success and retention
- Create, implement and review support plans for students who are at academic risk
- Ensure that requirements of the Code of Practice for Pastoral care of International students are monitored and met
- Be an effective member of the Student Development and Engagement team
Key skills and experience required:
- Tertiary qualification or relevant experience
- Experience working in an environment requiring high levels of customer service delivery
- Experience of working with tertiary students or academics
- Understanding of equity issues in New Zealand
- Understanding of the New Zealand tertiary education sector
- Excellent customer service skills
For more information, please view the position description.
Why work for us?
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Wednesday 11th December to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz.
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: 11th December 2019.
525 total views, 1 today