Casual Student Fundraising Caller
Our Annual Giving Programme offers an opportunity to those closest to us (our alumni and friends) to play an important role in the University now and in the future by making a gift to support a variety of projects including student support.
We need student callers for our Phone Appeal that runs through Semester 1.
The position of Student Fundraising Caller (Customer Service Representative) involves contacting University of Auckland graduates (alumni) by telephone for a variety of reasons. Our goals include updating their details, finding out what they have gone on to do since graduating, informing them of the many ways they can stay engaged as alumni, seeking their words of wisdom and encouraging them to make a donation to the University.
You must be a good communicator, be entitled to work in New Zealand, and available for a minimum of three shifts a week over a 9 week period.
Specific qualifications are not required but person specific criteria includes:
- A current University of Auckland student, passionate about your University.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- An understanding of the importance of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Confident listening and negotiation skills.
- Good general knowledge about the University of Auckland and a willingness to learn more.
- Ability to handle objections and overcome challenges by turning negatives into positives.
- Confident, positive and friendly disposition.
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment.
- Previous experience dealing with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Reliable, hardworking and dedicated.
- Ability to use your own initiative in a variety of situations.
- Good involvement in student life.
- Ability to manage University workload and job hours.
- Available to work throughout the full academic term.
Shift times are: Mon-Thurs: 6pm – 9pm and Sat: 10:30am – 1:30pm & 2pm to 5pm
DATES: 22nd March -29th May (minimum of three shifts per week) with paid training in the week of 22nd March
To be considered for this role, you must be eligible to work in New Zealand or hold a valid New Zealand work visa.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz.
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115.
83 total views, 6 today