Fixed-term Student Academic Adviser – Fixed Term
Student Academic Adviser
Faculty of Creative Arts and Industries
Full-time, Fixed-term until December 2019
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university. We employ 5,400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers. Our staff, students and supporters are the reason for our success. We take pride in delivering excellence in our teaching, research, and service to local, national and international communities.
We currently have an amazing opportunity for an individual with excellent customer service and administrative skills to join our Student Academic Services and Engagement Team in the Faculty of Creative Arts and Industries on fixed term contract until December 2019. The Student Academic Adviser is responsible for both providing advice and support to applicants and students regarding admissions, enrolment, academic progress, and completion. Also importantly for processing, tracking, and managing applications, admissions, and enrolments for the Faculty.
If you have experience providing first-class customer service, are friendly, great interpersonal and communication skills, experience dealing with data management, and have very strong administrative abilities, and like being part of a vibrant team, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Be part of our team and build your career in an organisation that is developing the innovators and leaders of tomorrow.
- Be a primary point of contact for student, applicant, and public queries
- Provide advice and support to students to assist with all aspects of recruitment, admissions, enrolment, academic progress, pastoral care, and degree planning
- Undertake recruitment activities and provide support and advice for potential students
- Coordinate, manage, and administer admissions and enrolment processing
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate and practise an excellent level of customer service
- Work collaboratively toward continuous improvement
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience working in an environment requiring high levels of customer service delivery
- Experience of understanding equity issues in New Zealand
- Proven administrative strength
- Strong experience working as part of a team
- Confidence in highly regulated environments
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Strong problem solving ability
Why work for us?
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through flexible employment practices and a culture that encourages and supports staff to reach their full potential. We offer a competitive salary, five weeks’ annual leave per year, and over 300 different career development courses. In addition, the University offers a company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, childcare and a number of other subsidies on internal and external services. For more information please visit: Career development and benefits.
Applications close Monday 28th January 2019. All applications must be made online.
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Monday 28th January 2019 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20420. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Monday 28th January 2019.
138 total views, 10 today