Fixed-term Strategic Procurement Specialist – Schools
Strategic Procurement Specialist – Schools
Leadership role in procurement change
Fixed-term (12 months)
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Help shape the future of education
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes. Our organisation is made up of more than 3,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About this role
Reporting directly to the Establishment Manager – School Buying you will support the manager in the establishment and of a small team (and larger matrixed team) creating a School Buying Centre of Expertise. The team must deliver school supporting procurement activities and initiatives. A key focus of the role is increasing the capacity and capability of schools to achieve better buying outcomes, free up educator’s time and achieve public value and great outcomes on schools spend.
You will deliver results through internal and external relationships, leading new approaches and working collaboratively with stakeholders to achieve outcomes.
You will be responsible for leading the initial development and implementation of strategic procurement arrangements to support schools and the School Buying Centre of Expertise. You will set the long term procurement and market engagement direction within which the business undertakes its day to day procurement activities. You will lead market engagement activities in order to understand our supply markets, inform strategies and raise the profile of NZ schools and Education Infrastructure Services (EIS) as a key internal client.
Your key priorities will include:
- identify, develop and implement opportunities to support schools through centre led procurement initiatives
- leading consultation to support identification of procurement and business improvement needs and working with other Commercial Procurement leaders to embed good procurement practice and deliver tangible benefits
- providing strategic support to the EIS Procurement team, ensuring alignment with the Strategic Procurement Plan
- providing updates and briefings to Ministry leadership, Ministers and other agencies (e.g. MBIE / Treasury) on specific strategic supplier relationships and contracts
- supporting the establishment and position the Schools Buying Centre of Expertise as a sustainable, centre-led, national function within the Ministry.
To be successful in this role, you will be capable of leading procurement excellence and continuous improvement initiatives both within the Ministry and across a broader, multi-agency, education procurement services network. You are able to develop and articulate your vision, and establish key relationships across the Ministry, government and private organisations to deliver outcomes for schools.
You will also bring to the role:
- strong leadership, influencing and management skills, including the management of virtual and matrixed teams
- knowledge and a successful track record of identifying, establishing and delivering complex strategic procurements
- significant relationship management experience including liaising with, communication to, consulting with and influencing a broad range of senior stakeholders in the public and private sectors
- highly developed influencing skills and commercial experience including experience in managing high value and/or politically sensitive areas
- strong knowledge and experience of procurement sourcing policies and processes, preferably within a New Zealand government context, ideally including the schools sector.
Are you ready to make a difference?
The Ministry procurement team is recognised as a leader in government procurement, we have a large and highly capable team, working closely with MBIE and other core agencies to develop the procurement function in NZ. We offer a highly-flexible work environment that will enable you to develop and grow your career.
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and those with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi’s guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Please review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/658998_JobDesc.pdf
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply now using the ‘apply online’ button.
For further information, please contact Larissa Hill at Larissa.Hill@education.govt.nz, or on 027 6757626.
How to ApplyApplications close Friday, 14 August 2020.
143 total views, 12 today