Full-Time Strategic Adviser Maori
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
This role is based in New Plymouth, Whanganui or Palmerston North.
Staff in the regional offices are the key interface between the Ministry and education providers. It is our role to ensure that sector leaders and the communities in which they operate have access to the expertise, programmes and resources that will allow our children and young people to reach their full potential.
We give effect to government and Ministry policy and support education and community leadership within a self-managing system, to bring about the positive changes required to lift aspiration, and raise educational achievement for all.
Strategic Māori Adviser role
The Strategic Adviser works with leaders and staff to support local strategies that focus on accelerating Māori achievement.
The role provides strategic advice and leadership across the Taranaki, Whanganui, Manawatū region to help the organisation accelerate Māori educational achievement, seeking equity outcomes and the promotion of Māori identity, language and culture and to support the Director of Education to lead engagements with iwi and Māori stakeholders.
About the person
We are looking for person who has the following:
- Developed networks, credibility and relationships with iwi and Māori organisations
- Ability in te reo Māori that enables the Strategic Adviser to communicate effectively when required at a level acceptable to the audience
- Possesses well developed, critical thinking and sound judgement, in particular, the ability to analyse information, develop options and think strategically
- Skilled in leading and motivating others, able to challenge, facilitate, supervise and coach leaders to increase capacity for excellence, and where necessary, change
- Knowledge of the education sector would be helpful
Me kounga tonu tō reo whakawhiti, me rangatira tō tū ki te ao Māori – heoi inā ko koe tēnā rarau mai ki mātou o Te Tāhuhu nei – tonoa mai ki https://jobs.education.govt.nz
Please review the position description and if this opportunity interests you and you meet the requirements, please apply now using the ‘apply online’ button.
For further information please contact Jann Marshall on 06 349 6352 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to ApplyIf this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role. Applications close at 5pm on Sunday, 29 July 2018. To view the position description please copy and paste this link into your browser: http://expressonline.hainesattract.co.nz/pdfs/596278_Other.pdf
472 total views, 1 today