Full-Time Stop Smoking Practitioner
Tipu Ora is pleased to be launching the new Regional Stop Smoking Service for the Lakes District Health Board Catchment Area (Rotorua, Taupō, Turangi). The service will deliver high quality, efficient and effective Regional Stop Smoking Services, which meet the needs of local communities and reduce health and social inequalities.
We are currently searching for Stop Smoking Practitioners to join our new and exciting service. As a Stop Smoking Practitioner, you will be working as an active member of the team to deliver stop smoking services across the region and working collaboratively with key stakeholders and providers to support the vision of Smokefree Aotearoa 2025.
Your experience will include:
- A Smoking Cessation Accreditation – At minimum you must be ‘Quit Card’ accredited and possess a Ministry of Health ABC accreditation. National Certificate in Health, Disability and Aged Support (Core Competencies) Level 3 is preferred.
- Experience in delivering health promotion activities.
- A clean and current Class 1 Full Drivers Licence.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Understanding of whānau, hapū, iwi and Te Tiriti O Waitangi and its implications for Māori health.
If you believe that you possess the above skills and qualifications, and are passionate about improving the health outcomes of our community, we would like to hear from you.
How to ApplyFor a job description and an application for employment or more information please contact Ben Hingston, Special Projects Manager 07 3482400 x 703, mob 0274 368 522 or email email@example.com CVs submitted without an application for employment will not be considered. Applications close Thursday 21st July 2016
11186 total views, 2 today