Full-Time Speech Language Therapists
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
If you want to work with children and young people, and make a genuine difference to their futures, this is the role for you.
As part of transforming how we deliver Learning Support, the Ministry of Education is seeking to increase our numbers of Speech Language Therapists. We now have a number of opportunities available across our region for people interested in providing this essential frontline service.
A Speech Language Therapist works closely with parents, caregivers, teachers and other specialists to support children and young people’s development of speech and language skills.
- hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in speech language therapy (or equivalent qualification meeting the requirements of the New Zealand Speech Language Therapists’ Association*)
- be able to apply specialist knowledge of speech-language theory and practice in diagnosing speech-language/communication, swallowing and feeding needs and the development of appropriate interventions
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, working in ways that are inclusive, respectful, appropriate and supportive of cultural and ethnic identity
- enjoy working in a busy and varied environment and building strong productive relationships that support children and young people’s development
- have a current driver’s licence, as you’ll need to travel as part of the role.
If you meet these requirements, we’d love to hear from you. Have a look at the position description and, if you’re interested, click the ‘apply online’ button. For further information contact Des James on 04 463 2845.
- If you’re an overseas applicant, you’ll need your qualifications approved by the New Zealand Speech-Language Therapy Association to ensure you meet the requirement for working as a Speech Language Therapist in New Zealand.
How to Apply
Please review the position description here.
If this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role.Applications close Tuesday, 26 June 2018.
309 total views, 2 today