Full-Time Speech Language Therapist – Bay of Plenty
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Learning Support, Bay of Plenty-Waiariki
Full-time, fixed-term position until end of June 2019, based in Whakatane
Do you want to make a positive difference to the lives of our tamariki, their family and whānau?
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated person with a current recognised qualification in speech-language therapy and recent experience in this field to join our team.
- The successful applicant will be able to work effectively across both school and early childhood sectors
- The successful applicant will have a working knowledge of our current Service Delivery Model, and practice will reflect the six element approach
- The successful applicant may have experience providing services for children with hearing impairment and their team
- Responsibilities will include working with children and young people, their parents, caregivers, whānau, educators and other Learning Support personnel in delivering speech and language services and giving advice and guidance for services relating to hearing impairment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential as is an ability to work in a culturally sensitive manner
- Practical skills in Te Ao Maori and/or experience in working with clients of another culture are desirable
- Skills in the area of Hanen, early intervention, working with children with complex learning/communication needs and knowledge of the early childhood and/or school curriculum are an advantage
- Experience and confidence in delivering group training to parents and educators is an essential part of the role.
- Have a full current driver’s licence as travel is required
Although this position is based in Whakatane you may be re quired at times to work across the wider Bay of Plenty-Waiariki region.
Overseas applicants should have their qualifications approved by New Zealand Speech-Language Therapy Association (NZSTA) in order to determine that they are suitable for working within New Zealand.
You can view a position description above or for further information please contact Alison Jones at Alison.Jones@education.govt.nz
Applications close midnight – Sunday, 28 April 2019.
How to ApplyTo apply, please go to https://jobs.education.govt.nz/jobtools/jncustomsearch.viewFullSingle?in_organid=17584&in_jnCounter=223647269&in_jobDate=All&in_searchbox=YES&in_summary=S&in_site=site_source
300 total views, 1 today