Part-Time Speech Language Therapist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Based in Tauranga, Bay of Plenty-Waiariki
Permanent, part-time 0.4 FTE
Do you want to make a positive difference to the lives of our tamariki, their family and whanau?
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated person with a current recognised qualification in speech-language therapy and recent experience in this field to join our innovative, dynamic and energetic team. We provide a friendly, supportive environment with an excellent professional network.
- The successful applicant will be able to work effectively across both school and early childhood sectors
- The successful applicant will have a working knowledge of our current Service Delivery Model, and practice will reflect the six element approach
- Responsibilities will include working with children and young people, their parents, caregivers, whanau, educators and other Learning Support personnel in delivering speech and language services
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential as is an ability to work in a culturally sensitive manner
- Practical skills in Maoritanga and/or experience in working with clients of another culture are desirable
- Skills in the area of Hanen, early intervention, working with children with complex learning/communication needs and knowledge of the early childhood and/or school curriculum are an advantage
- Experience and confidence in delivering group training to parents and educators is an essential part of the role
- A full current driver’s licence is essential as travel is required
Although this position in based in Tauranga, at times you may be required to work across the wider Bay of Plenty-Waiariki reg ion.
Overseas applicants should have their qualifications approved by New Zealand Speech-Language Therapy Association (NZSTA) in order to determine that they are suitable for working within New Zealand.
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘Apply Online’ button.
You can view a position description above or for further information please contact Susan La Grow at
How to ApplyPlease review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/672448_JobDesc.pdf Applications close Friday, 22 January 2021.
126 total views, 1 today