Full-Time Social Worker – Wellington Region
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Social Worker – Wellington Region
Job Ref: 31280
Permanent, Full time – Wellington region
Do you believe in the values of Oranga Tamariki? Are you an innovative practitioner who is committed to developing strong, trusting relationships with whanau, hapu and Iwi?
If you are passionate in making a real, positive impact to New Zealand’s tamariki and rangatahi look no further because we are currently looking for social workers to join our team in both Wellington and Porirua sites. We are seeking for a creative, highly organised, quick thinker and ideally (not essential) experienced practitioners who enjoy working in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
What you will do?
- To support our full assessment teams which includes responsibilities to make referrals for Family Group Conferences along with monitoring and review Family Court plans
- Being part of the team in supporting the change to the lives of our young people and their whanau, helping them to achieve their full potential
- Working along with tamariki and their families through practicing the latest strengths-based practice tools and assessment framework
- Partnering with other agencies and the community to find the best outcome for all stakeholders
- Developing, managing and delivering plans for tamariki
Skills and experiences
- Good communication skills, time management and strong conflict resolution skills
- To have positive attitude through the ability to influence and empower our clients
- To have a well-developed critical thinking
- To be resilience, motivated and self-driven
- Cultural awareness and understanding of Tikanga Māori
- Full registration with New Zealand Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register
- A holder of a recognised Social Worker Qualification by the SWRB
- A holder of a current and clear NZ Driver’s licence
What we are offering
- A salary range between $55,000 – $100,000
- The opportunities to work alongside a wider valued-based organisation
- To be able to work in a challenging and rewarding career
- To be able to work with a supportive and dedicated team of colleagues
- Positive support in professional development opportunities
- Flexible working
- Support in learning Te Reo
How to apply?
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee, please apply through your myHr portal.
All external applicants including Ministry of Social Development employees, please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our application tracking system.
Please note all application must be made online
If you have any other further questions regarding this role, please contact Andrew Louis at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to ApplyIf you have any other further questions regarding this role, please contact Andrew Louis at email@example.com To apply, CLICK HERE If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee, please apply through your myHr portal. All external applicants including Ministry of Social Development employees, please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our application tracking system.
513 total views, 3 today