Permanent Social Worker – Tokoroa
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Social Worker – Tokoroa
Job Ref: 29191
- Make a genuine, positive impact on the lives of tamariki, rangatahi and whānau
- Use the latest strengths-based tools and assessment frameworks
- Join a close, supportive and fun team who are passionate about their work
What’s in it for you?
- A salary range between $54,746 – $91,606
- Flexible work opportunities and compensation for overtime hours worked
- A close-knit team who love to share kai and plan fun group activities
- Support to achieve your goals through tailored training and career development opportunities
- Reimbursement for your annual practicing fee
- Access to a generous Southern Cross health plan
- Rewarding and challenging work that truly makes a difference
- Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationships
The role includes:
- Meeting with children and young people and ensuring their voices are heard
- Assessing the safety and well-being of tamariki, rangatahi and whānau
- Planning social work activities to help safeguard children and young people
- Holding a hui; supporting whānau to grow their capacity to care for their tamariki and rangatahi
- Working closely with stakeholders in the community, schools, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
- Transitioning tamariki and rangatahi back to their whānau or into their forever home
- Advocating on behalf of children to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potential
Who is Oranga Tamariki?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard, and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma-informed, and effective for all cultures.
Our Tokoroa team is caring and supportive of each other. We love sharing home-cooked meals during monthly shared lunches, where we relax and have a bit of a laugh together. We watch out for each other’s well-being by reminding each other to take breaks and participating in healthy activities together. We are even thinking about entering the Tough Guy and Tough Girl challenges next year. You will be joining a team that doesn’t just talk about doing fun stuff—we DO it!
We want new members of our team to feel comfortable contributing ideas to keep our team healthy, and happy! Some of our favourite aspects of working in Tokoroa are the affordable housing costs, super low traffic, and plenty of lush, green forest to soothe your soul.
What you will bring?
- A full, clean, valid driver’s licence
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- Resilience, initiative and a proactive approach
- Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
- Experience working with tamariki, rangatahi and whānau would be a plus
- The ability to analyse and prepare social work and financial plans
- Sound judgement and organisational skills
- The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions
- Life experience and understanding on what tamariki and rangatahi may be going through
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
- Good written skills as you will need to write court reports and case notes
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- A positive outlook and supporting nature
How to apply?
Apply online HERE with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. This will ensure your application is received internally. If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate.
If you have any queries, please contact Terri Telford at email@example.com.
Hurry as applications close the 18th of July 2019
To see more about this exciting role, check out the position description below:
How to ApplyApply online HERE with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. This will ensure your application is received internally. If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate. If you have any queries, please contact Terri Telford at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hurry as applications close the 18th of July 2019 To see more about this exciting role, check out the position description below: http://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/mvcot/social-worker-position-description.pdf
292 total views, 2 today