Full-Time Social Worker – Tautahere, Whangarei North
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Supportive team environment
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
About us – Mo matou
Our goal is to establish a multiagency approach to protecting and caring for New Zealand’s tamariki and rangatahi. We aim to adapt and improve the lives of tamariki and their whanau through the application of our established practice model.
In this role you will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve our goals and demonstrate our values as follows:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Oranga Tamariki Ministry for Children, currently have a full-time, permanent opportunity for a Social Worker to join our high performing, creative and innovative team in Tautahere Site.
About the role – Mo te tunga
In this role, you will be delivering high-level evidence based and quality social work services where you will be working in partnership with tamariki, their families along with external agencies and communities. You will be providing assessment and establishing programmes to identify the best outcomes for all stakeholders.
We aim to adapt and improve the lives of tamariki and their whanau through application of our established practice model: You will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve this goal.
Our team of practitioners are a tight knit group who work closely together in supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to will include the following:
- A recognised Social Worker qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board
- To demonstrate resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- To uphold the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- To have a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- A valid and clean New Zealands drivers licence
What’s in it for you – Nou te rourou
- A competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki’s remuneration range, between NZ$56,100 and NZ$102,000
- On-going professional development
- Access to corporate health fund discounts and a banking package with Westpac
How to apply – Me pehea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal.
All applications must be made online.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla at Sravani.email@example.com
How to ApplyApplication closes Monday, 14 December 2020. Position description: http://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/mvcot/social-worker-position-description.pdf
294 total views, 4 today