Full-Time Social Worker – Oranga Tamariki – Lower Hutt
Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, currently have opportunities for Social Workers to join our Lower Hutt Site, a team passionate for getting things right for children, young people and the community. You can be part of a positive and supportive team and help children and young people be safe, strong and thrive.
Our goal is to establish a multi-agency approach to protecting and caring for New Zealand’s tamariki and rangatahi. We aim to adapt and improve the lives of tamariki and their whānau through application of our established practice model.
In this role you will be expected to operate in a supportive role in order to help achieve our goals and demonstrate our values as follows:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
You will be part of making a difference to the lives of our tamariki and their whānau by engaging with tamariki in developing, managing and delivering plans to ensure their voices are heard. You will also portray a strong professional ethics and a holistic approach that is client centred and strengths based.
Delivering high-level evidence based and quality social work services will be practiced where you will be working in partnership with tamariki, their whānau, and communities to ensure a collaborative approach to improved outcomes.
This role requires a passion to actively work to keep tamariki at the centre of everything we do. It’s more than a job, it’s an opportunity to champion tamariki and their whanau with every decision you make.
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to, will include the following:
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Registration with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand’s driver’s licence
What we are offering
- A competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki’s remuneration range, between $55,000 – $100,000
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
- On-going professional development
- Access to corporate health fund discounts and a banking package with Westpac
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Andrew Louis at email@example.com
Application closes Friday, 21 August 2020.
How to ApplyApply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any questions about the role, please email Andrew Louis at firstname.lastname@example.org Application closes Friday, 21 August 2020. Position description http://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/mvcot/social-worker-position-description.pdf
66 total views, 9 today