Fixed-term Social Worker – Fixed Term, Whakatane
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Social Worker – Fixed Term – Whakatane
Job Ref: 31277
Do you want to make a genuine, positive impact on the lives of tamariki, rangatahi and whānau? We have an exciting 6 months fixed term Social Worker opportunity available to join a supportive team who has each other’s backs every step of the way by using the latest strengths-based tools and assessment frameworks in Whakatane today.
What you will do?
- Deal with our critical calls and child protection cases and work alongside the Police
- Hear our tamariki and rangatahi’s voices and support them or their whānau to make positive changes
- Work with various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
- Complete initial safety checks and assessments on the child, young person and family
- Be involved in planning what social work to maintain tamariki and rangatahi within their whānau is required to be delivered before the Family Group Conference
- Work alongside partners in our community, iwi, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
- Assist as and where you can with the child and young person’s behavioural issues
- Transition rangatahi back to their whānau, iwi or into their forever home
- Be an advocate on behalf of tamariki or rangatahi to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potential
What you will bring?
- Full registration with New Zealand’s Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- A full, clean, current driver’s licence
- Resilience, initiative and a proactive approach
- Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
- Experience working with tamariki, rangatahi and whānau would be a plus
- The ability to analyse and prepare social work and financial plans
- Sound judgement and organisational skills
- The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
- Good written skills as you will need to write court reports and case notes
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- A positive outlook, a huge heart and supporting nature
What’s on offer?
- A salary range between $54,746 – $91,606
- Flexible work opportunities and compensation for overtime hours worked
- A close-knit team who love to eat together whilst playing cards or doing puzzles
- Support to achieve your goals through tailored training and career development opportunities
- Reimbursement for your annual practicing fee
- Access to a generous Southern Cross health plan and banking package with Westpac
- Rewarding and challenging work that truly makes a difference to the community
- Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationship
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard, and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma-informed, and effective for all cultures.
What team you will work with?
Our Whakatane team works together and helps each other out. A child or young person doesn’t just belong to one of us, we all get involved to help as and where we can. You will have a manager whose whole goal in their career is to get you where you want to be. A sense of humour is important in our team; we really value a good laugh. Being a high Māori demography in Whakatane, we are learning as much as we can about the culture and why it’s so important. Support will be giving to those who want to develop or learn Te Reo and even the opportunity to work with our local iwi to help them and grow those vital relationships.
How to apply?
Apply online HERE with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Terri Telford on firstname.lastname@example.org #LI-ORG
Hurry as applications close on Thursday 19th December 2019
How to ApplyApply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Terri Telford on email@example.com #LI-ORG Hurry as applications close on Thursday 19th December 2019
608 total views, 1 today