Fixed-term Social Worker Adoptions, Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children
Full-time, six month secondment or fixed-term contract
The role of Social Worker is varied and rewarding, and you’ll be part of a supportive team based in Grey Lynn, we are instrumental in helping tamariki, rangatahi and whānau to be safe, have mana and flourish.
An Adoptions Social Worker’s role is to support carers in providing nurturing, safe and stable homes for tamariki and rangatahi. This role is about assessment, training and recruitment of carers. Providing regular contact and support to carers to provide quality care. The adoptions Social Worker is also involved in identifying and matching tamariki and rangatahi across the care continuum.
The position also includes completing adoptive applicant assessments, facilitating and supporting the placement of tamariki needing adoption, working with birthparents that are exploring adoption and other options, and working in the area of Adult Adoption with those who have placed a child for adoption and those who have been adopted.
Adoptions work could involve both local and international adoptions.
Our team works from a strengths based perspective. We receive regular training and supervision, support each other and have a sense of humour.
You will have the following:
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Registration with New Zealand’s Social Worker Registration Board
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- The knowledge and experience of community and social work best practices to provide advice and contribute to the development of policy and service
- Exceptional listening skills
- Proven ability to quickly build rapport with tamariki and rangatahi
- Critical thinking – you know how to gather information and make good evidence-based decisions
- A high degree of both verbal and written communication skills (you will need to write court reports)
- Resilient, motivated and caring nature with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Flexibility to work afterhours as required
- Good computer navigation and typing skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand’s driver’s licence
This role will offer the right candidate the ability to work in a Ministry committed to professionalism, innovation and the ability to find creative solutions to challenges in a role where no two days are the same!
We offer you the following:
- A challenging, fascinating and rewarding career
- On-going training and regular supervision to support you in achieving your personal and professional goals
- A bi-cultural practice approach with the opportunity to work across various community partners and stakeholders
- The opportunity to work in a passionate and rewarding role where lives are changed
- Work within a value-based Ministry where you will build and engage in a collaborative working style
If you are looking for the next challenge where accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence are important in your day to day job, then we would like to hear from you.
How to apply
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details.
Internal Oranga Tamariki employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as an internal candidate.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Roxana Anderson at email@example.com
How to ApplyPlease go to: https://career10.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=35252&company=ministryofP Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. Internal Oranga Tamariki employees - please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as an internal candidate. If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Roxana Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
155 total views, 4 today