Full-Time Service Manager
- Full-time, permanent position
- Based in Palmerston North
The role presents an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work in an organisation committed to raising achievement and reducing disparity. We are in the midst of a positive change initiative that’s setting a platform for New Zealand’s young learners to be the best they can be.
As an experienced manager, you will lead and work with a committed professional team delivering a range of learning support services to children and young people. You and your team will work with early childhood providers and schools to strengthen inclusive practices, raise student achievement and deliver on communities’ aspirations. You will have a key role within the Learning Support Delivery Model (LSDM), facilitating the timely provision of services in response to local needs.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- The ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, and manage workload and resource issues
- To work collaboratively within the context of the LSDM to achieve positive outcomes that draw on the combined resources and expertise of the sector, services, and wider community
- How to strengthen sector responses to neuro-diversity and a wide range of learning support needs
- The ability to facilitate the effective use of tools, approaches and people resources that are prioritised within the Learning Support Action plan
- Leading service delivery for student’s with additional learning needs through a multi-disciplinary team of professionals
- Develop strong connections and networks across the Ministry, local education providers, iwi, communities and whānau to achieve educational priorities for the region
- Broker support from across the Ministry, schools, early childhood providers, and other agencies to deliver joined up work programmes tailored to local needs
- Build relationships and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Experience at influencing and leading innovation, people, programmes, and change
- Ability to assess needs, risks, and issues and address these pro-actively
- Ability to follow through and finish complex or sensitive tasks
- Ability to use and interpret data including the ability to use information to influence decisions
- Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and its implications for the work of the Ministry of Education especially in matters relating to Māori development and the partnership values that flow from the Treaty
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Current driver’s licence
For further information please contact Jane Hawkins-Jones at email@example.com or phone 06 757 6403.
How to ApplyPlease review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/644412_JobDesc.pdf If this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role. Applications close on Sunday, 5 January 2020.
128 total views, 13 today