Contractor Senior/Principal Analyst/Report Writer
Senior/Principal Analyst/Report Writer
Highly skilled in the review of policies, programmes, and processes within the NZ public service sector?
- Skilled with Te Tiriti o Waitangi as it relates to the public sector?
- Produce a well-researched baseline document.
- Contract position with an immediate start date.
This an exciting contract position based in the Wellington CBD which will attract those with an established skill set in policy review and experience within the NZ public sector.
The project purpose is to support a public sector entity to fulfil its requirements as they relate to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi enabling further work to take place that will ultimately have embedding cross organisationally all aspects of policy, processes, and programmes of work. As such, this project is the first part of a wider piece of work to ensure compliance and to ensure that Te Tiriti is reflected and supported by key policies, leadership practices, systems, processes, professional development, and programmes.
Identifying key areas and analysing which areas actively implement the articles of Te Tiriti, and finally recommending which areas Te Tiriti should be further strengthened will be the cornerstone of your brief.
You will be providing outcomes that show a clear picture of which key policies, programmes and processes do, and do not, include Te Tiriti o Waitangi. The organisation will then set a direction, process and timeline for inclusion Te Tiriti in these key areas, and how it will seek advice from with Māori to achieve this.
As a contractor, you will undertake exploratory work that will contribute and inform the other policy review workstreams that are currently underway.
Skills and experience required for this project are to include:
- Experience to be able to aptly assess materials such as key policies, programmes, and processes.
- Have previously produced reports that are well reasoned, well written and appropriate for dissemination at a higher level.
- The skill to outline key areas for review and supporting rationale.
- Able to plan workload, and adhere to project timelines.
- Skilled in producing written reports and advisory documents which are well articulated, balanced and non-emotive.
- The capability to self-manage and motivate.
- Have expert written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to embrace new tasks and learnings quickly.
Ultimately producing a comprehensive review report which outlines which are the key areas for the review and rationale as to why.
Previous experience working within a Māori framework, and competency in Te Reo Māori me ona tikanga would be advantageous for application.
The intent is to have this position started by the end of May, and as such we would like to hear from you now.
How to ApplyTo apply, email your CV and updated cover letter, to Heather Walker firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 09 632 1108 for a confidential conversation. Applications Close: Monday 25th May 2020 at 5.00pm
582 total views, 9 today