Cadetship / Internship Senior Urban Designer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Join this high performing, motivated and passionate residential property development team and use your urban design talent to improve Auckland housing!
– Dynamic, high performing organisation!
– Recipient of Auckland Property People’s 2017 WSP New Zealand Best Team Award
– Make a real difference to communities!
Formerly known as Hobsonville Land Company, HLC (2017) Limited (HLC) was initially established to develop the Hobsonville Point Community. Our mandate has now been extended to other large scale housing projects, increasing from one project at Hobsonville Point to several across Auckland, as part of the government’s commitment to addressing housing pressures in Auckland. Our aim is to increase the supply of quality homes in existing Auckland urban communities, with a focus on State and Affordable homes.
HLC are going through an exciting growth phase as our projects progress and, as a result, we are now seeking a masterplanning and urban design professional. Reporting to the Manager Masterplanning and Urban Design, the role of Senior Urban Designer will provide timely, quality urban design and masterplanning advice to development and redevelopment project teams to support decision making.
In this exciting and challenging role, you will be expected to:
- Provide urban design and masterplanning input into HLC’s urban new and redevelopment projects
- Liaise with consultants to drive good urban design and masterplanning outcomes
- Contribute to each HLC development project in a way that leaves that locality a better place for it’s community
- Liaison with Auckland Council on masterplanning and urban design matters, including during resource consent processes
- Provide design review advice to the Design Review Panel and builder partners
Skills and Experience
This role will be an integral part of a support team working across a number of complex projects at differing stages of completion. As a result, to be a success in this role you will need to be a qualified urban designer, architect, landscape architect or planner with relevant urban design and masterplanning experience in large scale residential development and/or urban regeneration.
To be successful in this role you will also need:
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience in an urban design and/or masterplanning role in Auckland or other comparable locations
- Have an understanding of MÄori design practices, developing and implementing Maori concepts in urban design, including working with the Te Aranga Principles and/or other indigenous design tools
- Experience working alongside Mana Whenua and MÄori communities, and within iwi entities
- Experience and confidence in developing plans and reorganising resources to meet changing priorities in a fast moving environment
- Familiarity and working knowledge of the RMA and local authority consents process
- Experience with complex projects and in working as part of a multi-disciplinary project
- A high level of analytical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle pressure and deadlines and to be a highly-motivated, team player, with excellent oral, written communication and organisational skills.
- A proficient user of Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Whilst based at the picturesque and buzzing Hobsonville Point in our stunning new office building, this role would require regular travel across Auckland to meetings, so a clean driver’s licence is a must!
With our team values of Courage, Accountability, Respect, Agility and Collaboration, we possess a high performing culture and, as such, are looking for a positive, motivated, confident, pragmatic, resilient and driven team-player who will ‘fit’ into our environment. This is your opportunity to join an organisation with a warm, friendly, passionate team of professionals who enjoy achieving exceptional results.
Fantastic remuneration, benefits and opportunities for professional growth and development is offered for the right candidate.
How to ApplyLearn more about us on our LinkedIn page here or visit our website here. This is a rare opportunity to join this unique team. If you are looking for a new challenge and this opportunity excites you, please apply now!! NOTE: This role is only open to NZ/AUS residents and citizens as this is a permanent opportunity. To find out more or apply, send your query or application by email to email@example.com.
886 total views, 1 today