Full-Time Senior Solicitor – Commercial
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- An exciting commercial role for a Senior Solicitor
- Commercial partnering, contracting and advisory work that is strategically important
- Competitive salary, generous super contributions and other benefits
Looking for your next step? Thinking about change? Join the General Counsel Group at ACC! We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Solicitor who loves breadth, complexity, and advising on issues that matter for New Zealanders.
If you enjoy working with dynamic-thinking and passionate individuals, then this is the role for you.
The Senior Solicitor plays a critical role advising thoughtfully on complex strategic and operational commercial legal and contracting matters relating to the running of the unique ACC no fault accidental injury scheme, in one of New Zealand’s largest organisations that is serving New Zealanders every day. You will work with a range of experts right across the organisation and externally. Experience in highly regulated industries and health, insurance, or Crown Entities would be an advantage.
You will be confident and credible advising in a large Crown Entity. In this role, you will provide both strategic and operational commercial legal and contracting advice and will partner in a complex environment. Your collaborative and inclusive style will enable to you to work with the team as well as form many partnerships across ACC which will enable the provision of high-quality trusted advice.
We’re committed to Te Tiritio Waitangi by providing space for mātauranga Māori based approaches to lead, support and develop approaches, tools, actions and knowledge that creates space for Māori and Tāngata Tiriti (non-Māori).
Our Te Tiritio Waitangi direction is guided by the Whāia Te Tika – Pursue What is Right – Māori Strategy. It illustrates our commitment to improve Māori access, experience and outcomes through our role managing the ACC scheme.
To succeed in this role, you’ll have the following:
- Significant post qualification experience and a current New Zealand practising certificate
- Proven commercial partnering, contracting and legal advisory experience
- Knowledge of ACC, public sector legislation, and the wider system within which ACC operates preferred
- Strong experience and confidence engaging, influencing and advising at senior leadership levels as well as the skills and ability to work with diverse teams and people organisation wide
- High levels of customer focus, initiative, and self-motivation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- An awareness of issues related to people with disabilities and experience working in an environment requiring cultural and social awareness
To add value to ACC in this role you’ll also bring the following:
- High integrity, values, and a spirit of service
- Experience working with a range of technical experts with experience in highly regulated, insurance or health sectors and Crown Entities being an advantage
- The ability to robustly apply public sector disciplines as well as business and commercial nous
With this role comes a great opportunity to continuously improve, deliver and innovate. ACC embraces customer experience, design and agile methodologies alongside its critical legislative functions and responsibilities to improve the quality of life for New Zealanders and deliver on business goals.
Working at ACC
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work.
Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga
How to ApplyApplications close on Sunday, 7 November 2021. Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC career website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role please email Nadine.firstname.lastname@example.org
163 total views, 1 today