Permanent Senior Social Worker – Taitamariki
Could this be your next career step??
- Are you a registered Social Worker
- Full time permanent position
- Offering a fun, friendly and supportive team environment
The good things about this organisation – Ngā painga o tēnei whare
Te Whānau o Waipareira has been serving the West Auckland community for over 35 years building and providing Whānau Ora solutions that support whānau in the community, this is best delivered by testing the boundaries with ideas and collaboration. As we continue to evolve from our success, new opportunities arise that make way for new kaimahi to join our team and become part of our Waipareira story.
The good things:
- Waipareira offers an awesome team and working culture
- A great work life balance and working from home opportunities.
- Based in modern premises in the heart of West Auckland Henderson township
- Close to transport hubs and large scale malls, stores and eateries.
- We are committed to providing ongoing professional development and the opportunity for career advancement.
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 4% Kiwisaver Employer contributions.
About the role – He kōrero whakamārama mō tēnei tūranga
Our kōrure Whānau kaimahi support whānau by providing integrated services that wrap around our whānau in the social, health, education and justice ares. We are currently looking for a Senior Social Worker with a special ability to connect and develop meaningful relationships with tamariki and their whanau who have been referred to our Taitamariki Substance Misuse Service.
This is a youth focused/whanau inclusive service aimed at complimenting existing services in West Auckland. The service provides support, information and an advice programme for taitamariki who are either at increased risk of developing substance misuse problems or those with early stage experimental use of substances and whose parent/s has a substance abuse problem and/or mental illness.
The service is aimed at young people aged 10 – 13 years. As the Senior Social Worker you will contribute to the ongoing development, design and implementation of the Taitamariki Substance Misuse Service.
What you will bring – Nga tohungatanga o tēnei tūranga
- Previous experience working with young Māori (Taitamariki) and their whānau
- Bachelor degree focusing in youth work
- Your Social Workers Registration with Annual Practising Certificate
- Preferred to have experience in HEeADSSS & SACS, but full training can be provided
- Proven knowledge around safe practice, ethical boundaries and accountability
- Have the ability to improve cultural identity and connectedness for Taitamariki and their whānau
- A commitment to Te Reo me ngā Tikanga Māori
- Knowledge of community groups and services within the Waitākere region
- Have a sound knowledge of the community and other key agencies
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- A full clean New Zealand driver’s licence
- Ability to speak Te Reo Māori is advantageous
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid work visa.
Resumes or assistance will not be accepted from Recruitment Agencies
How to ApplyPlease apply via this LINK.
164 total views, 1 today