Fixed-term Senior Programme Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Unshackled from the status quo and without limitations, what would a perfect system with whānau at the centre look like to you?
We are looking for a Senior Programme Manager to join our Whānau by Whānau Service team at Te Whānau O Waipareira Trust. With passion and a desire to affect change, you will have a well-resourced network supporting you to design and lead the systemic revolution needed to empower whānau agency to achieve transformative and intergenerational wellbeing.
Tāmaki Tū Tangata, Tāmaki Tū Whenua, Tāmaki Tukanga!
Although Te Whānau O Waipareira Trust are in Henderson, the role is based in the rohe of Tāmaki (Glen Innes, Point England, Panmure), this community regeneration programme needs a visionary who can conceptualise, operationalise and refine this new service for, by and with the community we serve.
You will drive the development, operationalisation and delivery of Whānau by Whānau while enabling quality improvement across the continuum of whānau transformation as we support the wellbeing aspirations of whānau.
The role will involve building and leading a team of committed and experienced specialists by providing both strategic and operational insights, support, supervision and advice. Champion system wide transformation that will improve and enhance the delivery of wellbeing services to our diverse and most vulnerable communities.
You will be bold and innovative, influencing the ‘why’ and possess a deep understanding of Whānau Ora, Māori health equity and the values that underpin kaupapa Māori health and wellbeing approaches.
You will be passionate and have a track record of advocating for whānau and their own self-determination, keeping the needs, values and voice of whānau and communities, especially those with the greatest need, at the heart of all mahi.
Ideally you will have:
- An understanding of Te Āo Māori including Te Reo me ngā Tikanga Māori
- Experience working with other cultures especially our Pasifika whānau
- A Bachelor’s Degree or above in related field
- A Minimum of 5 years in a management role which has included business management, planning, financial oversight/management and service operationalisation and delivery
- Experience in personnel management, supervision, recruitment and evaluation
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of the Tāmaki community challenges and landscape
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including report writing and analytical skills
- A proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations
- A knowledge and understanding of contract service specifications and required outcomes including negotiating ability is required
- Competency using Microsoft office suite and other applications relevant to the role such as client management systems
- A full clean driver’s licence and agree to background checks/vetting
MAKE YOUR MARK WITH THIS GREEN-FIELD OPPORTUNITY.
This is a 6 month contract position with view to permanent. If you have the right skills, experience and a passion for community development – please apply today.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid work visa.
How to ApplyTo apply please follow this LINK and submit your application.
342 total views, 1 today