Full-Time Senior Planning Analyst
The Planning and Information Office is a unit within the Vice-Chancellor’s Office that leads and coordinates strategic and annual planning for the University. It is also responsible for the analyses, collation and publication of information to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
The Planning and Information Office has an exciting opportunity for someone to work in the Strategic Planning Team. This team looks after internal and external reporting, University surveys, EFTS forecast, rankings and benchmarking activities. As Senior Planning Analyst, you will have a role in the University’s strategic planning and accountability processes. We are looking for someone who can use data about the past and transform that in information we can use for the future.
Our ideal candidate
You’ll be part of a team that is responsible for developing information and analyses that support University-wide decision-makers and monitor the achievement of Strategic Plan goals.
- You will have strong qualitative data analysis skills, and high-level problem-solving skills. It is expected you will have an undergraduate qualification in a discipline that requires qualitative analyses; a postgraduate qualification with evidence of quantitative analyses would be preferred.
- You will have advanced experience in the use of business intelligence tools and know how to build an insightful dashboard.
- You will have an understanding of data modelling and development techniques in a BI environment.
- Naturally, you will be comfortable in a workplace where you can work on multiple projects at the same time, together with colleagues or alone.
- Your communication and interpersonal skills will be excellent.
- An affinity with and understanding of the unique characteristics of the University environment would be an added advantage as well as experience with forecasting and presenting survey results.
Your ability to maintain key internal relationships will be critical to your success, to ensure issues contributing to the achievement of strategic goals are identified and risks mitigated. Throughout all, you’ll be a model of best information use and development practice, and maintain an understanding of key tertiary funding issues.
Why work for us?
The University of Auckland is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Wednesday, 27 March 2019 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20584ease combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Wednesday 27th March 2019.
88 total views, 7 today