Full-Time Senior Manager – Product Delivery
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Help shape the future of education
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga – Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our purpose so that we:
- deliver greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support
- take practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi
- give priority to sector relationship, regional and local voice.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people around Aotearoa, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group
The Early Learning and Student Achievement (ELSA) Group sets the system-level learning for every child and student. Working between policy and customer facing functions, there is a significant political, stakeholder and public interest in the high performance of this group and the education curriculum and teaching workforce outcomes we seek for New Zealand.
Within ELSA, the Secondary Tertiary team covers the transition from senior secondary through to foundation tertiary, and focuses on pathways to support young people to make successful and coherent decisions on steps to further study and training. The team supports ELSA to achieve strategic and operational objectives and to build a great working culture and environment. We are a practical, fast-paced, deadline driven and service oriented team that focuses on commissioning, work tracking, resource management, planning, business performance and excellent relationship management.
Mō tēnei tūranga – About this role
The Senior Manager – NCEA Product Delivery is responsible for managing the Product Delivery team within Secondary Tertiary, Early Learning and Student Achievement. The NCEA Product Delivery team is responsible for system development and maintenance of a high-quality, sophisticated product development and quality assurance system. They will also be responsible for developing over 7,000 educational products (including curriculum support resources, achievement standards and assessment resources) through the Review of Achievement Standards, and for the delivery of products to specification using this system.
The Senior Manager is responsible for providing strategic direction to the Group Manager and the Senior Secondary team:
- The role is responsible for identifying change impact and the gap between current state and future state and ensuring interventions are designed, developed and implemented to address these
- Facilitating and leading the co-design and delivery of effective change interventions, testing, learning and adapting the change approach as needed
- Analysing potential impacts on stakeholder groups and developing tools to assess readiness for change, resistance and assessing change readiness across all key stakeholder groups and those required to implement change successfully
- Identifying the theory of change across the ST landscape and stakeholders
Mōhou ake – About you
You will have as follows:
- Strong track record of managing high performing client service teams, including delivering at volume, to specification and to a high quality
- Proven skills and experience in leading and managing a team of professionals and critically important stakeholders both at a programme and project level
- Strong track record of managing challenging stakeholder relationships to contribute to shared deliverables and products
- Understands and applies appropriately Te Tiriti o Waitangi to their work
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? – Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector.
We want to provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported.
For more information on the role, please take a look at the job description. For additional information on the changes Te Tāhuhu are embarking on, please visit our careers centre. If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and resume by using the ‘apply’ button.
In your cover letter we’d like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
For further information please contact Amy Wood – Amy.Wood@education.govt.nz
Applications close Midnight on Wednesday, 13 October 2021.
How to ApplyPlease apply via our website: https://jobs.education.govt.nz/jobtools/jncustomsearch.viewFullSingle?in_organid=17584&in_jnCounter=224820037&in_jobDate=All&in_searchbox=YES&in_summary=S&in_site=CareersSite Applications close Midnight on Wednesday, 13 October 2021.
149 total views, 1 today