Full-Time Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in International Business, and either Strategy or Entrepreneurship
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Utilise your passion and academic expertise for International Business and Strategy/or Entrepreneurship
- Join AUT – the top millennial university in Australasia and 14th in the world
- Permanent, full-time role based in Auckland
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) is vibrant, achievement-oriented and a rewarding place to work. Ranked in the top 1.2% of universities worldwide, #1 in New Zealand for global research impact* and #16 worldwide for Social Impact* (highlighting the social impact of universities and their commitment to the UN Sustainability Development Goals); AUT has over 29,000 students and 2,500 staff across our three teaching campuses. AUT is located in New Zealand’s largest city, Auckland – consistently ranked as one of the world’s most liveable cities.
AUT’s Business School has a reputation as a leading provider of innovative undergraduate and postgraduate business education, with strong links to business, employers and professional bodies. Accredited by AACSB, the Business School has over 4500 students, over 150 academic staff and is in the world’s top 200 for Business and Management Studies.
AUT’s Department of International Business, Strategy and Entrepreneurship
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your academic career in the field of International Business & Strategy OR International Business & Entrepreneurship. We have a forward-thinking approach to grouping our disciplines – the Business School’s International Business, Strategy and Entrepreneurship department (IBSE) brings together disciplines that focus on business growth, innovation and value creation. We focus on high quality, innovative teaching with authentic practice-based assessment and staircasing graduates through to postgraduate research. As a strong research-led department, we publish in leading journals and work with local and international collaborative partnerships on exciting research projects.
We are an open, collegial group focused on contributing beyond our individual career goals and seeking opportunities for development and collaboration. We have a strong research environment, share our expertise and time and offer generous support for conferences. The faculty also offers a variety of contestable research funds. We focus on communicating the relevance of our research through engagement with a wide range of stakeholders including industry forums, media, community groups and policy advisory groups.
Teach and Research in the fields of International Business, and either Strategy OR Entrepreneurship
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor with a strong International Business focus, alongside a focus in either Strategy or Entrepreneurship. We welcome applications from candidates committed to conducting high-quality research and with evidence of excellence in teaching (or the demonstrated ability to develop such excellence) and dedicated to helping the department grow.
We’re looking for research interests preferably in any of the following fields:
- International business management, international business strategy, international business environment & policy, international entrepreneurship AND
- any of the following: Social entrepreneurship, international entrepreneurship, indigenous entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial mindset, strategic management, innovation strategy, social impact/sustainability, knowledge management
You will be expected to publish actively in your specialised field; research is well supported within the Business School. It is also expected that the successful candidate will seek external research funding, engage with government, business, the professions and/or the community, and contribute to School/Faculty activities.
Teaching and Learning is also prioritised at AUT and we value excellent educators who approach the classroom with an innovative, inclusive and student-centred approach. Aligned with your interdisciplinary research focus, you’ll teach across programmes and courses, and supervise postgraduate research, within the International Business, Strategy and Entrepreneurship area, as agreed with the Head of Department. Your contributions to paper and curriculum development will evidence a continuous-improvement focus. We also value wider co-curricular contributions, and enthusiastically work with students across the university on events and student clubs and competitions, providing opportunities to bridge industry and student experience.
Most importantly, we seek individuals who act with integrity, practice collegiality, are team players and respect students and stakeholders. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to input and join a focussed, open and highly collaborative group that supports the growth of its people! There is genuinely positive energy within the department, and we offer an excellent research environment with research support. The School also offers a variety of contestable research funds.
Applications and Key Selection Criteria
We request applicants submit a cover letter, full CV (including a complete list of publications) and statement addressing the four areas of key selection criteria below:
- PhD in International Business and Strategy OR International Business and Entrepreneurship (or closely related areas). It is important that applicants have core strengths in International Business.
2. Research and Scholarship:
- Research interests in any of the following fields: international business management, international business strategy, international business environment & policy, international entrepreneurship AND any of the following: social entrepreneurship, international entrepreneurship, indigenous entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial mindset, strategic management, innovation strategy, social impact/sustainability, knowledge management
- A proven research track record with high quality publications and ideally, success in external funding bids
- Postgraduate research supervision completion (Masters and/or PhD)
3. Teaching and Learning:
- Significant previous lecturing experience across a range of subject areas, strong evidence of curriculum development
- An interest in innovative and blended/online portable lecture formats is also critical
- The ability to be able to teach across areas of international business, strategy & entrepreneurship
4. Citizenship and Service:
- Experience serving on faculty committees and other leadership positions desirable
- A commitment to active contribution to the wider university and departmental environment
- Start Date: The successful candidate will ideally start in January 2022 (or later by negotiation).
- Appointment level and salary will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
- For academic enquiries: Contact Dr Fiona Hurd, Head of Department – firstname.lastname@example.org. For recruitment enquiries: Contact Mike Wood, Executive Recruitment Partner – email@example.com.
Advertising closes: Sunday, 19 September 2021 at 23:55 (New Zealand time). Interviews are expected to take place in October.
AUT’s Business School is committed to achieving greater diversity and welcomes applications from all, including in particular, suitably qualified individuals from under-represented groups.
Please note: In response to COVID-19, the New Zealand Government has imposed travel restrictions and are currently only allowing New Zealand residents, citizens and visa holders meeting a strict exception policy to enter the country, all of whom must currently enter Government approved isolation/quarantine for two weeks upon arrival. It’s uncertain when these border restrictions will change, and this may impact the manner in which an offshore candidate will be able to participate in the recruitment process although remote options will be in place. Visit the Immigration New Zealand website or the New Zealand Government’s official Covid-19 website for further information and updates on the border restrictions.
At AUT we strive to be a place where people love to work and learn. We are committed to inclusivity and the Treaty of Waitangi and aspire to be the University of choice for Māori and Pacific communities. We welcome people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, socio-economic situations and accessibility needs.
Please note that all applications must be submitted through the online application process. For further information, please send us an enquiry here or call 921 9499. Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email. You will need to apply through the standard registration process.
How to ApplyAPPLY HERE
372 total views, 1 today