Full-Time Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Māori Business
Tēnā koutou katoa.
He karanga tēnei ki ngā ngaio Māori katoa e remurere ana ki te pakihi, ki te kaiārahitanga me te ōhanga. E whai nei Te Whare Wānanga o Tāmaki-makau-rau ki te eke ki te taumata o ngā whare wānanga hei wāhi ako mō te Māori. Ko te whakapakari i te huinga kaimahi ngaio Māori te uho o tēnei whāinga. Ka uru mai koe ki tō mātou rōpū?
The University of Auckland aims to become New Zealand’s foremost site of excellence for Māori in tertiary education. Improving outcomes for Māori is an ongoing priority for the University of Auckland Business School.
A specific goal is to nurture Māori and indigenous scholars, undergraduate and postgraduate students who will be leaders in their respective communities, the nation and the Pacific. Strengthening our core of excellent Māori and indigenous academic staff is essential to this mission. Will you join us?
The Graduate School of Management (GSM) of the University of Auckland Business School seeks to appoint a Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor with a demonstrated passion for and expertise in research and teaching related to Māori and/or indigenous business.
We are looking for a candidate who will:
- Develop and disseminate knowledge, ideas and theories in the area of business and economics with a specific focus Māori/indigenous business and economic development.
- Express leadership by helping to develop and implement policies and processes, which promote Māori and indigenous presence, participation, and achievement in all aspects of the Business School.
- Benefit Māori and the School by developing partnerships with internal and external stakeholders that acknowledge and uphold the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
The appointee will have:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline.
- A commitment to developing a research programme that complements the priorities of the Business School.
- Demonstrated ability to publish in high level peer reviewed journals.
- Experience in teaching post-experience students, openness to engage with international students.
- Experience in Māori or indigenous business, mātauranga Māori, and teaching and research in a relevant discipline.
- The requisite level of cultural expertise and understanding of Māori and Māori communities in order to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders in a way that upholds tikanga Māori.
- Ability to contribute to curriculum design, which upholds tikanga Māori and mātauranga Māori.
- Competency in Te Reo Māori is valued, but not mandatory.
The ideal candidate needs to have strong inter-cultural skills enabling them to develop positive relationships with all stakeholders including colleagues and industry partners from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Position Description Position Description
To be considered for positions at the University of Auckland, candidates must be eligible to work in New Zealand or hold a valid New Zealand work visa.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115.
158 total views, 4 today