Fixed-term Senior Implementation Advisor (Fixed Term 2 years)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- A unique opportunity to be part of a small, newly formed team within Historic Claims.
- Ability to apply project management skills to the implementation of a new claims process
- Superb writing skills, including report writing
- Working collaboratively towards achieving a claimant centric approach in the social sector
About the Historic Claims team
MSD is responsible for the Historic Claims process. The Historic Claims team work with people who have been abused in State care, in particular the care of Child, Youth and Family and its predecessors, to address their concerns without them needing to resort to civil litigation.
MSD recently reviewed the way the historic claims process worked, undertaking a robust and far reaching consultation with current and previous claimants and key stakeholders. This has resulted in a commitment to growing and adjusting the Historic Claims team with a focus on operating within the principles of Tikanga Māori; Mana, Aroha, Whakapapa, Whānaungatanga, Manaakitanga and Pono.
About the role
You will work with the Programme Manager to lead the implementation of the new historic claims service design. Using programme management tools, you will develop a work plan for implementing all the elements of the service design that is prioritised according to strategic needs and sets realistic timeframes for delivery. You will also work closely with the Strategy Planning and Reporting team to deliver the work plan and ensure the new service design is implemented in an efficient and timely manner.
We are looking for people who have:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – able to analyse data and write reports with recommendations based on this analysis
- Experience in and knowledge of the public sector reporting processes and systems requirements
- Sound planning and project management experience
- Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and the development of a service that is culturally responsive and incorporates an understanding of Te Ao Māori
- Relevant tertiary or post graduate qualification is desirable and experience in the social services or government sector required
We have a strong focus on people’s wellbeing and work life balance. Our team consists of passionate individuals who are supportive and encouraging of one another. We pride ourselves on having a friendly and fun working environment and focus on developing our staff to reach their full potential.
- Large organization with excellent learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working
- Opportunities to directly influence Ministers
How to Apply
For this recruitment we are partnering with Mana Recruitment. Please send your CV and cover letter to Heather Walker email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (09) 632 1108 for a confidential discussion.
Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience and capability relates to the competencies listed in the position description.
Applications close: Thursday 19th September
Position Description – HERE.
How to ApplyFor this recruitment we are partnering with Mana Recruitment. Please send your CV and cover letter to Heather Walker email: email@example.com or phone (09) 632 1108 for a confidential discussion. Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience and capability relates to the competencies listed in the position description. Applications close: Thursday 19th September Position Description - HERE.
377 total views, 1 today