Full-Time Senior Education Advisor – Bay of Plenty
Senior Education Advisor
Full-time permanent position (fixed-term/secondment considered)
Based in Bay of Plenty – Waiariki, either Whakatane or Rotorua
- He tangata matatau, ngakau nui rānei koe ki te whakapiki i ngā putanga ako mō ngā tamariki katoa, tamariki Māori, tamariki Pasifika, tamariki whaikaha anō hoki? Do you have a passion for improving educational achievement for all students/children, particularly Māori, Pasifika and those with Learning Support needs?
- Kei te rapu koe i tētahi wero hou i roto i te ao mātauranga? Are you currently in the education sector and need a new challenge?
E hiahia ana koe ki te mahi ki te taha o ngā kura reo Māori i roto i tō mātou nei rohe, tēnā, tukuna mai tāu tono!
Now is an exciting time at the Ministry of Education. We are in the midst of a positive change initiative that’s setting a platform for New Zealand’s young learners to be the best they can be. Our vision is to ensure New Zealand has an education system that achieves equity and excellence for all students.
This role will give you the opportunity to work directly with our tumuaki, senior school leaders, Kāhui Ako – Communities of Learning and Boards of Trustees within our Māori Medium kura on strengthening educational performance in schools. You will be working as part of the Ministry of Education’s regional team, using evidence and data on student achievement, and designing and implementing projects with schools to strengthen educational performance.
You will have skills and experience in making a direct contribution to student achievement in Māori medium primary or secondary schools as well as knowledge and experience of Kura Kaupapa Māori, Kura-ā-Iwi and Rūmaki settings in order to influence achievement and participation.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with student achievement data to determine needs and priorities
- Experience in developing and implementing projects
- An ability to develop strong working relationships both within and outside the Ministry
- Understanding of Te Reo Māori ona tikanga
- Experience in and understanding of Māori Medium educational settings
- An understanding of Ka Hikitia, the Pasifika Education Plan and Success for All and how these documents impact on this work
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A current full driver’s licence is essential
If this position interests you please apply now using the ‘apply online’ button.
Please review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/658828_JobDesc.pdf
For further information please contact Melissa Pineda on firstname.lastname@example.org
How to ApplyApplications close Thursday, 20 August 2020.
128 total views, 9 today