Full-Time Senior Education Advisor – Bay of Plenty
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Full-time, permanent position (secondment considered)
- Based in Whakatane (Bay of Plenty – Waiariki)
Do you have a passion for improving educational achievement for all students/children, particularly Māori, Pasifika and those with Learning Support needs?
Are you currently in the education sector and need a new challenge?
Do you want to live in the sunshine capital of New Zealand with New Zealand’s best beach on your door step and where house prices are affordable?
If the answers are yes then we want to hear from you.
Now is an exciting time at the Ministry of Education. We are in the midst of a positive change initiative that’s setting a platform for New Zealand’s young learners to be the best they can be. Our vision is to ensure New Zealand has an education system that achieves equity and excellence for all students.
This role will give you the opportunity to work directly with senior school leaders, Kāhui Ako – Communities of Learning and Boards of Trustees on strengthening educational performance in schools. You will be working as part of the Ministry of Education’s regional team, using evidence and data on student achievement, and designing and implementing projects with schools to strengthen educational performance.
You will also have skills and experience in making a direct contribution to student achievement in both English and Maori medium primary or secondary schools as well as an understanding of factors which influence achievement and participation.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with student achievement data to determine needs and priorities
- Experience in developing and implementing projects
- An ability to develop strong working relationships both within and outside the Ministry
- Understanding of Te Reo Māori ona tikanga
- An understanding of Ka Hikitia, the Pasifika Education Plan and Success for All and how these documents impact on this work
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A current full driver’s licence is essential
If this position interests you please apply now using the ‘apply online’ button. You can view a job description above or for further information please contact Melissa Pineda on email@example.com
How to ApplyIf this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role.
Please review the position description here.
Applications close Midnight Thursday, 1 August 2019.
585 total views, 1 today