Full-Time Senior Education Adviser
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Based in Auckland
The regional offices are the key interface between the Ministry and early learning providers, schools and kura. We have a great opportunity for new appointees to join our Auckland team. Our vision is ultimately about ensuring children succeed personally and achieve academically, so in years to come they are productive, valued in their community and competitive in the world.
These roles will give you the opportunity to directly work with Communities of Learning – Kāhui Ako, Boards of Trustees and senior leaders on strengthening education performance. You will be working as part of area teams, using evidence and data to work with schools/kura and Kāhui Ako to strengthen educational performance.
Your key priorities will include the following:
- Working with Communities of Learning | Kāhui Ako and individual kura/schools to significantly improve their student achievement and the systems and infrastructure that support this
- Using detailed analysis of schools/kura performance and student achievement to influence change and maximise education outcomes for students
- Brokering support for schools/kura where potential is identified – this may include building capability and strengthening governance and management, regulatory compliance, curriculum, monitoring and assessment, student and whānau, family and community engagement
To be successful in this role you will need to be an exceptional communicator with proven skills in building and managing strong, effective relationships.
You will also offer the following:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with student achievement data to determine needs and priorities
- Cultural competence, capability, credibility and understanding the relevance o f identity; language and culture for Māori, Pasifika and students with learning needs
- An understanding of Ka Hikitia, the Pasifika Education Plan and Success for All and how these documents impact on the work
- Successful experience of working with school leaders, Boards of Trustees or Communities of Learning – Kāhui Ako to strengthen school practice and raise student achievement;
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘apply online’ button. You can view the job description above. For further information please contact Atarangi on 09 632-9375.
How to ApplyApplications close on midnight of Friday, 20 July 2018. Please review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: http://expressonline.hainesattract.co.nz/pdfs/596378_JobDesc.pdf If this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role.
162 total views, 2 today