Fixed-term Senior Digital Experience Designer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university and one of the world’s major research universities. We employ over 5400 academic and professional staff to support 41,000+ students making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
IT Digital Services is responsible for the delivery and management of technology services to support staff, students and the community of The University of Auckland. Our Digital Experience team is responsible for service ownership of the University’s web and mobile presences, providing strategy and consulting for areas such as Digital standards and usability expert review and testing.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Designer to join the Digital Experience Team on a FTC where you will be part of a well-regarded team helping design and lead a high profile new cloud-based smart contact centre solution.
- Drive user-centred, inclusive digital design activities of a consistently high quality
- Create new designs and provide input on proposed designs and their suitability
- Understand our key audiences and their needs
This is a specialised role requiring expertise specific to a UX designer with broad strategic and consulting exposure, preferably within a large multi-faceted organisation.
In addition, you will also have the following:
- Proven experience in delivering digital design services in an advisory or consultancy capacity
- Understanding of user experience design, user interface design, design systems, UX research and UX/UI design tools.
- Digital experience, across a selection of channels, systems ideally omni-channel UX
- Ability to conduct user testing and lead iterative design
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Proven track record delivering outstanding digital experiences in a complex environment
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills; must be able to work closely with senior leaders, internal stakeholders and external agencies
With a large and complex IT environment, the scale and complexity inherent to the University offers unparalleled opportunities for skills development and learning. Combined with the breadth and nature of our digital programmes, this is the perfect opportunity for a driven performer to enjoy a stimulating working environment and a high level of job satisfaction.
If you hold the experience requested above and want to work for one of Auckland’s largest employers please submit your CV online for consideration.
To be considered for positions at the University of Auckland, candidates must be eligible to work in New Zealand or hold a valid New Zealand work visa.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115.
Applications close: 31 October 2019
537 total views, 1 today