Full-Time Senior Business Support Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Key role at the heart of central government where you can raise the bar in business support across the National Emergency Management Agency.
Ko wai mātou | About us
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) provides national leadership to New Zealand’s distributed emergency management system. NEMA’s primary focus is on the performance and capability of the emergency management system as a whole, across all hazards and all risks and the 4 Rs of risk reduction, readiness, response and recovery. We are going through an exciting phase of growth and there will be more opportunities with NEMA over the coming months.
NEMA values diversity and inclusion. We want our workforce to reflect the diversity of our communities. We value and respect the contributions of our people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and perspectives. We support flexible ways of working that bring out the best in you.
NEMA recognises the continuing partnership Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown. We are committed to doing our part to deliver on the Crown’s commitments to Māori under Te Tiriti. We strive to actively build te Ao Māori perspectives and capability into our day to day work, values and practices.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and driven Senior Business Support Coordinator to work within our core Business Support Unit.
The Business Support Unit provides a responsive, high-quality administrative support within the Strategic Enablement unit and across other NEMA business unit functions. Working with Managers, Team Leaders and their teams to alleviate as much administrative load as possible and provide consistent levels of service that give them piece of mind, ensuring that they can fully focus on producing their outputs in order to achieve NEMA’s desired outcomes.
As Senior Business Support Coordinator your role is to lead and manage a small team of Support Coordinators in order to provide efficient and effective support to the Principal Advisor Corporate & Facilities and business support resources across NEMA. You will also be responsible for leading NEMA’s thinking, and framework, for administration and business support.
This is a high energy position, working in a dynamic environment where change and ambiguity are part of every day. A full job description is attached.
Ko wai koe | About you
We select on capability and welcome a wide range of applications where the candidate can demonstrate the following:
- Is energetic, pragmatic and results driven with a passion for customer service
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Solid experience in leading, developing and coaching direct reports to enhance performance to build the capability required to deliver high quality outcomes
- Ability to use good judgement and make sound decisions
- Effective planning and organisational skills, including time management and prioritising work in a complex work environment
- Experience and good understanding of Microsoft Office applications, able to navigate tools with ease and efficiency
- Confident responding to public queries where appropriate
- Ability to support recruitment processes including management of the onboarding and offboarding of staff
- Assist NEMA with mandatory government reporting as appropriate
- Ensure that all communications activities give effect to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- Attention to detail, and strong organisational skills
- Ability to focus on multiple issues, to plan and prioritise in a busy environment, applying sound judgement to competing deadlines, while staying unruffled and maintaining attention to detail
- Demonstrate well developed relationship management skills with the ability to manage complex relationships both internally and externally, and work well as a team
- Confident user of wide range of technology, and familiar with document management and finance systems
- Take initiative to respond quickly and appropriately where required
- An interest in emergency management is desirable.
Ta matou e tuku | What we offer
Salary range for this position is $71,857 – $79,841 including Kiwi Saver contributions.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and understand the importance of fostering a working environment where excellence is recognised and where staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential. We welcome diversity, in all its forms and we believe it is a strength.
All NEMA roles are flexible by default and a positive work life balance is encouraged.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply online.
Applications close Sunday 7 November 2021.
How to Apply
Applications close Sunday 7 November 2021.
170 total views, 2 today