Full-Time Senior Analyst/ Analyst
Based in Wellington
At the Ministry of Education, our people shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes. Our sights are set on ensuring our education system serves every individual child and young person fairly, and creates the best foundation for equal opportunity.
Our organisation is full of hugely talented people, from a wide range of backgrounds. They work collaboratively, setting goals and reaching them, to shape a world-leading education system. Our people are broadening their own horizons and, ensuring our education system is equipped to broaden the horizons of our children and young people, thus ensuring the best possible future for New Zealand.
About our group
Our vision in Evidence, Data and Knowledge (EDK) is that quality evidence is a major contributor to the educational success and social well-being of all learners.
The Evidence, Synthesis and Reporting team is passionate about developing the education story. We strive to bring together and make sense of all the evidence about the performance of the New Zealand Education system and learners’ progress and achievement. This includes analysing, interpreting and communicating the underlying drivers and trends of education progress and achievement.
About the role
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and talented Senior Analyst or Analyst to join our collaborative and dynamic team.
As a Senior Analyst/ Analyst in the team you will;
- provide high quality statistical analysis, interpretation and reporting to explain the story of educational progress and achievement
- work collaboratively within and across teams to help inform policy and programme decisions that ultimately improve learner outcomes
- proactively identify and propose innovation or continuous improvement opportunities.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- a strong customer focus and innovative approach
- advanced knowledge and experience of quantitative statistical methods and tools
- excellent problem solving, numeracy and analytical skills
- excellent written and verbal communications skills
- the ability to navigate complex situations effectively and efficiently
- experience in collaborating with and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- the ability to manage multiple deadlines and work products at once.
If you’d like to join our friendly team and bring your skills to a rewarding role within an organisation that’s continuously reaching goals and striving for a better future for New Zealand, we’d love to hear from you!
How to ApplyTo view the job descriptions please copy and paste the following URL into your browser - https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/615778_JobDesc.pdf If this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role. For any questions, please contact Rebecca Parish on Rebecca.Parish@education.govt.nz or (04)4638631. Applications close Midnight Monday, 25 February 2019.
163 total views, 7 today