Full-Time Senior Analyst
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Sector Enablement and Support
- Based in Auckland
What does success look like?
The school aged population in the Auckland region is expected to change dramatically over the next 25 years. We are looking for a Senior Analyst to help the Auckland Network Planning team meet this challenge and to plan proactively for growth across the existing network of schools.
The Senior Analyst will be part of a team of analysts, planners and advisers based in the Auckland office. The team works closely with Statistics NZ, Auckland Council, Panuku, MBIE, MHUD, HNZ and other agencies, on a range of tasks associated with planning for future population growth nationally and in Auckland region, and the impact of this growth on schools.
The Senior Analyst reports to the Planning Manager Schooling Networks to provide professional and technical assessments at a regional level including:
- development of short to medium term plans for networks of schools aligned with the regional plan and national strategies
- providing input into the National and Auckland Education Growth Plans
- working with the Lead Analyst to maintain oversight over data collection and analysis to ensure a strong evidence base which forecasts needs, and informs policy, prioritisation and implementation
- providing technical guidance in analysis of school network data, including building analysis capability in statistical and modelling expertise
- enhancing the use of data in planning and prioritisation through improving data quality, standardising approaches and presentation of data
- working with local councils and central government on planning or infrastructure issues, by gathering and applying knowledge of relevant planning, legislative and regulatory frameworks
- coordinating school catchment reports where these inform school capacity assessments and investment decisions
- aligning planning and analytical activities with regional and national goals to improve student outcomes
- providing specialist guidance and supervision, and professional advice to data analysts and other staff working in this area.
You will need to have proven expertise in analysing and interpreting data, and be able to work with geospatial data. An important component of this role is the ability to be part of a team of talented people who thrive on challenge, and are able to identify opportunities and solutions to complex problems.
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the link below. You can also view the job description. For further information please contact Ati on 09 632 9375.
To view the position description please copy and paste this link into your browser: https://haineslink.co.nz/HainesAdUI2/UploadedFiles/605464_Job%20Description%20Senior%20Analyst%20Planning_Oct%202018%20(1).pdf
Applications close midnight of Friday, 19 October 2018.
How to ApplyTo view the position description please copy and paste this link into your browser: https://haineslink.co.nz/HainesAdUI2/UploadedFiles/605464_Job%20Description%20Senior%20Analyst%20Planning_Oct%202018%20(1).pdf If this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role. Applications close on Friday 19th October.
156 total views, 1 today